ASUS E402M locks up

Zohan2000

ello everyone, need some advice on why this is happening, friends laptop locks up and the only way to restore it is to remove the battery which is very annoying since the battery is internal, thinking it maybe something to do with the motherboard but i havent taken that out yet to check the underside any and all advice here would be awesome 

Imgur link with photos of the laptop and the insides http://imgur.com/a/8DOLt

39 minutes ago, Zohan2000 said:

ello everyone, need some advice on why this is happening, friends laptop locks up and the only way to restore it is to remove the battery which is very annoying since the battery is internal, thinking it maybe something to do with the motherboard but i havent taken that out yet to check the underside any and all advice here would be awesome 

Imgur link with photos of the laptop and the insides http://imgur.com/a/8DOLt

If he is getting a hard lock, then you have a hardware error. Clean the cooling fan for starters.

Under what circumstances is the laptop locking up?

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

50 minutes ago, Radium_Angel said:

If he is getting a hard lock, then you have a hardware error. Clean the cooling fan for starters.

Under what circumstances is the laptop locking up?

locks up under general use, honestly got no idea what is causing it, changed the HDD and its still happening and if it was overheating wouldnt it just turn itself off

1 hour ago, Zohan2000 said:

locks up under general use, honestly got no idea what is causing it, changed the HDD and its still happening and if it was overheating wouldnt it just turn itself off

Some will throttle the CPU, others will shut down, but if it's damaged somehow....then it might now.

Ok, do this:

Run Memtest86+, let it run overnight. If there are any memory errors, this will find it.

If the laptop locks up on MT86+, then we will know it's probably not worth repairing. 

Anyway, report back on findings. (MT86+ runs as a bootable DVD/flash stick)

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

34 minutes ago, Radium_Angel said:

Some will throttle the CPU, others will shut down, but if it's damaged somehow....then it might now.

Ok, do this:

Run Memtest86+, let it run overnight. If there are any memory errors, this will find it.

If the laptop locks up on MT86+, then we will know it's probably not worth repairing. 

Anyway, report back on findings. (MT86+ runs as a bootable DVD/flash stick)

he will be here tomorrow sometime so ill do that, thanks for helping me out

3 minutes ago, Zohan2000 said:

he will be here tomorrow sometime so ill do that, thanks for helping me out

You bet. Post back and let us know what's going on...

well my friend doesnt want me to look at his laptop to see if i can fix it, kinda annoying but thats his choice, thanks @Radium_Angel for the advice

7 minutes ago, Zohan2000 said:

well my friend doesnt want me to look at his laptop to see if i can fix it, kinda annoying but thats his choice, thanks @Radium_Angel for the advice

No problem. We can't help everyone...