Removing LEDs from case fan?

heedtheninja67

I need some blue LEDs and this case fan that doesn't spin anymore has some.  I tried adding some alcohol in case they were glued and pulled on them a few times, but they didn't budge.  Is there a secret to this?  Trying not to break them...

I'd guess either friction fit or some sort of superglue. Your best chance of getting it out without breaking it would be to push it out from the inside instead of pulling. If some type of super glue is in use the alcohol should weaken it.

Here is a youtube video on how to replace the LED's inside of a case fan with different colours - 

16 minutes ago, WickedStarfish said:

Here is a youtube video on how to replace the LED's inside of a case fan with different colours - 

Thanks.  Guess I was just googling the wrong phrase.  I saw another video of actually removing them and he said it's going to be really difficult if I don't have a hole on the other side... which I don't.  It's a Thermaltake standard case fan.  

19 minutes ago, Shimejii said:

Not sure why you want to try doing this as this stuff is super fragile, but Depending on the glue it may require different chemicals such as 90% rubbing alcohol 

I'm just trying to use what I have if it's easy... everywhere I looked was selling them in packs of 100.  Think I found some in packs of 10 with wires though.

Omg i can buy this indivialy for around 0.5cents the piece just go to an electronic store, they will have many colors very cheap I bet

10 hours ago, heedtheninja67 said:

Thanks.  Guess I was just googling the wrong phrase.  I saw another video of actually removing them and he said it's going to be really difficult if I don't have a hole on the other side... which I don't.  It's a Thermaltake standard case fan.  

I'm just trying to use what I have if it's easy... everywhere I looked was selling them in packs of 100.  Think I found some in packs of 10 with wires though.

Link us the exact fan your trying to work with? There's a good chance i'll have one here ...ive modded @ least 20 of these in the old days and never had a glue prob........