Birthday treat for myself!

My birthday is next month! I'm planning on getting a new phone, or at least saving up for one to buy probably in the next 2 or so months if not in June. Currently, I am looking for something more around the price point of $400-$700 USD. What do you guys recommend? Should I look to see what the OnePlus 6 has to offer as well?
I am upgrading from a 4-ish year old Galaxy Note 3, so I think most of what you guys will offer is an upgrade.
I don't care about the launcher as I already have the paid version of Nova Launcher (forgot what it was called) on my Google-Play account.
Water resistance is something I'd like.
Wireless charging is not very important.
Screen resolution is not a big issue.
Screen technology (IPS vs OLED) isn't important either.
Headphone jack is something I'm willing to give up.
generally speaking, the color of the shell doesn't matter as I plan to get a DBrand case if available.

Edited by PerfectPlasma
Added new info. Corrected spelling errors as well.

??? Wanna join ??? my free??gift card??? giveaway??? Click ⤵ the subrscribe button?? ,turn? the notifications on ??? and finally leave a nice comment ??down below⬇⬇ , now without further adue ??? lets get on?? with the video▶▶

I would definitely see what the OnePlus 6 has to offer on May 16th given that you're more interested in bang for the buck than having certain features.  Should cost around $500-ish with a super-tall screen, lots of RAM and storage, dual cameras... I know OnePlus tends not to have the greatest cameras, but like you said it could still be a substantial improvement.