Buzzing noises

I was playing fortnite and I bumped up setting to medium from low to medium and I guess it was too much for my system because I came back from taking a shit and my pc was making a wierd buzzing noise, so I started unplugging peripherals and that didn't help so I restarted and that didn't help so I've shut it down, the graphics card was warm but the psu was incredibly hot. I have a gt 1030, i5 650, 12gb ram and a 240w psu.

is the sound coming from the PSU?

Quote or Tag people so they know that you've replied.

Just now, frozenboi810 said:

Idk but I think so

you probably ruined the capacitors in your PSU, they make a buzzing sound when they go bad

also... 240w is way too low unless you dont have a GPU... i recommend atleast 300w for that system.

16 minutes ago, syn2112 said:

you probably ruined the capacitors in your PSU, they make a buzzing sound when they go bad

also... 240w is way too low unless you dont have a GPU... i recommend atleast 300w for that system.

How would I upgrade my psu though, it's an hp sff pre build and the current psu is in a wierd L shape

Seems like a proprietary power supply so an off the shelf ATX power supply would not work if you wanted to upgrade.

The only PSU avalible in the "wierd L-shape" is 240W. Think you have to buy a new PC if you want to upgrade. If else, you'd have to make some serious harware modifications (involvind cutting etc.). Maybe you could use some of the parts from your HP PC in a new custom built PC?

However, (if the PSU is ruined) you can limit your power to 240W and buy a replacement from HP or ebay or something...

1 hour ago, frozenboi810 said:

How would I upgrade my psu though, it's an hp sff pre build and the current psu is in a wierd L shape

as he said, you can buy a PC Case and transfer everything there :) also if you have warranty its better to use that before doing what i just said, if not then you can find really cheap PC cases and a cheap 300W power supplies very easily.