My PC isn't POSTing

WAR Corporation

Hello,

Today I was just cleaning my desk and I decided to remove the glass panel thing and gently clean out the dust out of my desktop.

I did not disconnect anything inside the machine and up to this point it was working.

I only disconnected the PSU cable, removed the USB devices, disconnected the monitor cable and keyboard and mouse.

When I was done, I connected everything and powered up the machine only to find a black screen saying "No Signal".

When and if I remove my HDMI cable from the monitor and restarted the PC, it would alternate between two LEDs - One red (CPU) and one orange (VGA).

I plugged my HDMI cable again to my monitor and restarted it but I couldn't see any lights turn on which means that it's not even POSTing I assume (the top right corner of the motherboard, which indicated errors). Before, it would turn orange and go through all the little leds but now it's not doing anything.

Please help me!

Thanks.

PSU Tier List: https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/

CPU Celeron n2830 - GPU Integrated - RAM 1x4GB DDR3 1333MHz - Storage 750 GB 5400RPM HDD

Operating System Windows 10 Home

Try clearing cmos. If that doesn't work, try removing any gpu you have and attempt a boot with integrated graphics. 

print "Hello World!" ("Hello World!")

@Airdragonz I will remove the GPU now but I'm afraid about resetting the CMOS since I can break something...

PSU Tier List: https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/

CPU Celeron n2830 - GPU Integrated - RAM 1x4GB DDR3 1333MHz - Storage 750 GB 5400RPM HDD

Now it alternates between DRAM and CPU. I'm afraid instead of saying DRAM I said VGA. I was mistaken. @Airdragonz

@Giiman95 @chckovsky I'm sorry for tagging, I just saw you on another post. I really need help so if you could help me that would be great...

I don't know how you cleaned your PC but it could be something there. It's more than possible you killed something with an electrostatic discharge while cleaning.

Is the dead system the same as in your signature?

Main rig: i7 8086K // EVGA Z370 Micro // 16GB Gskill TridentZ 3200Mhz CL14 // Sapphire Pulse RX 7800XT// a variety of noctua cooling // Corsair RM750x v2 //  Fractal Meshify C

Secondary rig: R5 3600 // MSI B450i Gaming Plus // 16GB Gskill FlareX 3200CL14 // MSI GTX 1080ti Gaming X // Cooler Master V650 // Fractal Meshify C

Audio setup: Audient iD4 // Adam A7X // Sennheiser HD 650 // Sennheiser HD 25-II // Audio Technica M50x // Sennheiser Momentum 4

36 minutes ago, Airdragonz said:

Try clearing cmos. If that doesn't work, try removing any gpu you have and attempt a boot with integrated graphics. 

Does clearing CMOS apply here? I thought that was mostly useful for resetting bad overclocks (and judging by the system in OP's signature, it won't OC).

Main rig: i7 8086K // EVGA Z370 Micro // 16GB Gskill TridentZ 3200Mhz CL14 // Sapphire Pulse RX 7800XT// a variety of noctua cooling // Corsair RM750x v2 //  Fractal Meshify C

Secondary rig: R5 3600 // MSI B450i Gaming Plus // 16GB Gskill FlareX 3200CL14 // MSI GTX 1080ti Gaming X // Cooler Master V650 // Fractal Meshify C

Audio setup: Audient iD4 // Adam A7X // Sennheiser HD 650 // Sennheiser HD 25-II // Audio Technica M50x // Sennheiser Momentum 4

@chckovsky Not really. My PC is a i5 7400 with a GTX 1060, 8 GB RAM, 250 GB SSD. I didn't wear any socks during the cleanup and I don't think that may have happened since I only cleaned the top of the GPU which has a blackplate and it was really quick...

Also, when I removed the GPU it started working "correctly". It no longer gets stuck at the POST part but I still see the "No Signal" message on the screen. Perhaps bad HDMI cable?

2 minutes ago, WAR Corporation said:

@chckovsky Not really. My PC is a i5 7400 with a GTX 1060, 8 GB RAM, 250 GB SSD. I didn't wear any socks during the cleanup and I don't think that may have happened since I only cleaned the top of the GPU which has a blackplate and it was really quick...

You do know many dusters work because of static, right? I don't know if it's the same kind that kills components, but I would stay away from it.

And the fans do spin. It's like it's working fine...

5 minutes ago, WAR Corporation said:

Can you provide photos or more detailed info on your system?

@chckovsky I used a tissue to clean it.

CPU - i5 7400

Mobo - Asus strix H270f

GPU - 1060 3GB Gigabyte

SSD - Samsung 850 evo 250 GB SSD

RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws 2x4GB 2133MHz

@WAR Corporation I’m a little confused. Have you tried plugging your hdmi into the motherboard? That board should have HDMI. 

@chckovsky A cmos clear would reset all UEFI settings to factory defaults (EDIT: overclock, XMP options, stuff that can easily be reset up). While in most cases, this could be fine, it does cause an issue with Windows Secure boot if it is enabled.

Edited by Giiman95
Clarification

@Giiman95 Yes, I have connected the HDMI cable to the motherboard when I removed the GPU. It seems like the computer is just confused. Sometimes it alternates between CPU and VGA, other times it doesn't do anything... I don't get it... I just need help to get this PC running.

OMG I JUST FOUND OUT! MY HDMI CABLE IS DEAD OMG I FEEL SO STUPID OH MY GOD IT WAS THAT SIMPLE!!!!! OMG! @Giiman95 @chckovsky @Airdragonz THANK YOU SO MUCH THOUGH FOR YOUR HELP I AM SO HAPPY.

Good to hear you got it sorted out!