Vertical line/overlapping S2716DG

|Azureks|

Hi,

So i have been using the Dell S2716DG monitor for a while, and after some arguments with seller and some troubleshooting, i decided to come here. The problem is that it some times have a vertical line down the middel, where the pixels that should be there, are moved to the far left or right of the screen.

This happens fairly often, but i see no system of when it is happening.

The only things i have been able to spot is that it occurs mostly while watching YouTube and some times right before it happens the screen flash black. It can be temporarily fixed by turning the monitor off an on, but i would rather fix the issue for good.

I have linked attached some fotos of the issue.

Is the monitor defect? should i send it back and get a new? or is there a solution?

If needed here is some infomation

- Display Port is used  

- MSI  GTX1070

In advance thank you for helping, Kevin.

30127767_1078715548937609_402412751730769920_n.jpg

30226128_1078715362270961_6757877023005212672_n.jpg

First thing I'd try is plugging another device into it and using that for a while to see if the problem persists (so you know it's the monitor or your GPU). 

If it's the monitor (which I highly suspect it is because you said turning it off/on again fixed the issue), I'd also see if changing the resolution or refresh rate fixes the issue (not a complete solution but it could help with more troubleshooting).

Specs: CPU: AMD Ryzen R7 3700X @4.4Ghz, GPU: Gigabyte RX 5700 XT, RAM: 32 GB (2x 8GB Trident Z Royal + 2x 8GB TForce Vulkan Z) @3000Mhz, Motherboard: ASRock B550m Steel Legend, Storage: 1x WD Black 1Tb NVMe (boot) + 1x Samsung 860 QVO 1Tb SSD (storage), Case: Thermaltake Core V21, Cooler: Noctua NH-D15

On 5/10/2018 at 2:42 PM, Sayori said:

First thing I'd try is plugging another device into it and using that for a while to see if the problem persists (so you know it's the monitor or your GPU). 

If it's the monitor (which I highly suspect it is because you said turning it off/on again fixed the issue), I'd also see if changing the resolution or refresh rate fixes the issue (not a complete solution but it could help with more troubleshooting).

Thank you for your reply!

I have tried with my ps4 connected, it still does the overlapping.

Also whenever i play CS: GO i am on 960 x 1280 res, and i never see the overlapping. However, i have yet to try chance the hz.