Not posting and boot loop.

jonwong966

This is gonna be a long story.

Today, my friend and I started building a new sleeper build as a present for our other friend. So we bought all our component and started by updating the bios because it was required because ryzen Gen 2 cpu's aren't supported until a bios update. My other friend decided to use his pc cpu in order to update the bios on the new board. FIRST PROBLEM When I took off the heatsink, the cpu came off with it. I thought not much of it. I twisted it off but I saw the pins were bent. So I tediously bent them back into place and it worked. I updated the bios on the motherboard and everything was fine. When I tried to put his cpu back into his system, it wouldn't boot. Motherboard leds were on but nothing on the screen and the gpu kept turning on and off indicating a boot loop. Unfortunately, his motherboard doesn't have a speaker nor any boot led so I don't know what is wrong. SECOND PROBLEM I tried to reseat the cpu in the socket then I saw some thermal paste in the pads. I cleaned it up and I tried again. Nothing. I put the cpu in the other board and it worked perfectly fine. Any idea what is going on? Any suggestions? I don't know what to do.

PARTS LIST

Friend #1
Cpu: Ryzen 5 1600
Mobo: msi tomahawk sli killer
Ram: 2x8gb generic brand
Gpu: gtx 970 evga superclocked.

Gift PC
Cpu: Ryzen 3 2200
Mobo: asrock b350m
Ram: 8gb Kingston
On board graphics.