New computer build, re used ssd drive and I can't get windows to load

Henpecker

I just built a new ryzan 2400g b350 16 gig win 10 pc.  I have an m.2 ssd drive from a failed pc with an inactivated version of windows 10 on it.  I just got another ssd a samsong,  I have it plugged into my mother board via what I think is a sata cable.  I can't get windows to load on the new drive.  I keeps letting me load the activation key but I get stuck at the format part of the widows load process.any help is appreciated 

thnx 

hen

It's a gigabyte ga b350 MB,  I compleatly took the used ssd rive out of the picture.  I've tried the install with it formated fat, nvme or whatever the other file system is and un formated and when it ask me what drive I want to instal windows it tells me I can't do the install there.

Oh and I use it to game.

Where are you trying to install your copy of Windows from? DVD, USB? And can you tell us where did you get it from?

It's a windows oem flash drive I got from amazon

thnx

4 minutes ago, Henpecker said:

It's a windows oem flash drive I got from amazon

One thing you can try doing is going to https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/55005/Intel-Rapid-Storage-Technology-Intel-RST- to download Intel Rapid Storage Technology drivers and put it on a USB. If your M.2 NVME drive isn't listed at that point you get stuck, choose Load Driver. Put in the USB Flash drive where you copied those extracted Intel Rapid Storage Technology files. Your drive should now be detected. If this isn't a new drive, Delete all partitions on there.

Here's a few other pointers:

• Don't have any other mechanical drives connected to the computer during the install process
  • You may also want to ensure you bios has the following settings:
    •     System Configuration --> SATA Operation = AHCI
          Secure Boot --> Secure Boot = Disabled.
          Boot Sequence --> Boot List Option = Legacy

If it still doesn't work the issue is be with your USB with Windows 10 on it. Many guides I find on installing a copy of Windows 10 on a NVMe drive say to get a copy of Windows 10 to USB using the Media Creation Tool (https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10). That would definitely be something to try if all else fails.

yes I tried to get the oem flash drive to work on the old dive .  Same problem and that would make a lot of sense.i it'll try the bios settings and if they does not work then the software walk around.

thnx for the help