PS3 USB

BrandonKHarris

Hey guys i have this problem with my usb its not showing up on my ps3 im trying to put a old save game onto it but its not showing up it shows up on everything else i own including my ps4 and yes its fat32 but i dont know how to fix if anyone could help that would be great ive been looking for like 3 days and nobody knows the real answer and no i havent partitioned it or anything so thanks for the help

6 hours ago, BrandonKHarris said:

Hey guys i have this problem with my usb its not showing up on my ps3 im trying to put a old save game onto it but its not showing up it shows up on everything else i own including my ps4 and yes its fat32 but i dont know how to fix if anyone could help that would be great ive been looking for like 3 days and nobody knows the real answer and no i havent partitioned it or anything so thanks for the help

Try a different USB Drive.

Its possible that it just does not work with the PS3.

"Hell is full of good meanings, but Heaven is full of good works"

On 07/05/2018 at 4:58 PM, VegetableStu said:

does other USB sticks work on that port? guessing off the top of my head

also check backward compatibility on the savefiles

no nothing shows up and i think i found the problem anyways and the usb ports still work so does the usb everything still works but i think its because that it is a usb 3 usb and the ports are just old usb 2 or some shit thats what somebody said other normal usbs work i just dont have any anymore

24 minutes ago, BrandonKHarris said:

i think its because that it is a usb 3 usb and the ports are just old usb 2 or some shit thats what somebody said other normal usbs work i just dont have any anymore

If we are talking about Thumbdrives, no.

But look at what I've posted. Its entirely possible that the PS3 just doesn't like this particular USB Device.

I have the same Problem with my 64GB Intenso USB3.0 stick that just doesn't work on many occasions like Playstation 3 (or was it 4?? I don't remember...)

So buttom line:
Everything works fine, just the Stick doesn't like the PS3.

If you are talking about a USB Drive though, then you need one of those USB Y-Cables for Power because of 500mA Limit on USB 2.0.

3.0 has 900mA.

"Hell is full of good meanings, but Heaven is full of good works"