Radeon Rx 460 3 monitor Setup All Vga monitorss

Neo1mill

Hi 

i have a Radeon Rx 460 GDDR5 GPU, and i have 3 vga  monitors, i want setup a 3 monitor setup with eyefinity , all ready have the DVi to vga adapter and Hdmi to vga and display port to vga adapter all active adapters. 

Okey plug all in turn on my pc and on come on some time  twoo can seem to have all turning on and some times they turn  of go black ... or flikering so and info on my problem/.

19 minutes ago, Neo1mill said:

Hi 

i have a Radeon Rx 460 GDDR5 GPU, and i have 3 vga  monitors, i want setup a 3 monitor setup with eyefinity , all ready have the DVi to vga adapter and Hdmi to vga and display port to vga adapter all active adapters. 

Okey plug all in turn on my pc and on come on some time  twoo can seem to have all turning on and some times they turn  of go black ... or flikering so and info on my problem/.

RX cards only have DVI-D as far as I know, so a DVI->VGA adapter won't work.

You would need the DVI-I plug with the extra 4 pins like some 300 series cards had, but it might just be time for a monitor upgrade...

Sapphire-Nitro-380-Video-Connections.jpg

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

2 hours ago, Neo1mill said:

Hi 

Are you certain the DVI to VGA adapter you have is an active converter? This will not work:

DVIVGAMF.Main.jpg

However, this will and I've used it on many monitors with no issue:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01DC7NCNY/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

EDIT: Just re-read and saw that you do have active adapters. No idea then. Will the card drive one monitor at a time? At what point does it fail? The wording in that part of your post is unclear.

14 hours ago, Streetguru said:

RX cards only have DVI-D as far as I know, so a DVI->VGA adapter won't work.

You would need the DVI-I plug with the extra 4 pins like some 300 series cards had, but it might just be time for a monitor upgrade...

Sapphire-Nitro-380-Video-Connections.jpg

YUP am shore of what i have this is the dvi to vga cable am using its from startech i have check the model numb to be shore its active www.startech.com/AV/Displayport-Converters/Active-DisplayPort-to-VGA-Cable-6ft-Black~DP2VGAMM6B

So if i use the dvi to vga converter cable alone it work, and so for the hdmi to vga conv and the displayport to vga con.

OKEY if y put the hdmi and display port it works for douse two but as soon i put in dvi its becomes primary and the other screens go black.

So my question really is, is the a specific way so setup this?  I have to get all of them on to make eyefinity to read them all... 

1 hour ago, Neo1mill said:

OKEY if y put the hdmi and display port it works for douse two but as soon i put in dvi its becomes primary and the other screens go black.

Have you checked Radeon Settings to see if the other 2 displays show up at all?

Im not entirely sure how a display is chosen to become the primary display (Screen 1). My 460 does the same thing with my TV (HDMI) and Monitor (DVI - VGA), where I'd like my monitor to be 1 and TV to be 2. But I have to swap the displays in Windows because TV is always 1, even though I only connect it every so often and my monitor is always plugged in. All I know is it doesn't matter which one is plugged in first, it always happens that way.

Could be the converter cable messing something up. Try getting a native DVI monitor. If the other monitors are natively HDMI and DP, the converter would draw power in excess so much that the other ports stop working

1 hour ago, Neo1mill said:

YUP am shore of what i have this is the dvi to vga cable am using its from startech i have check the model numb to be shore its active www.startech.com/AV/Displayport-Converters/Active-DisplayPort-to-VGA-Cable-6ft-Black~DP2VGAMM6B

So if i use the dvi to vga converter cable alone it work, and so for the hdmi to vga conv and the displayport to vga con.

So my question really is, is the a specific way so setup this?  I have to get all of them on to make eyefinity to read them all... 

That link is the Display Port converter...not DVI

I see you're using converters do all the monitors, as I should have read the OP more clearly. Don't do this. It's actually stressful on the GPU because it has to use memory to control the conversion and the scaling. Yes it works, but native port-to-monitor is always the best solution. Get new monitors plx and get out of the VGA age