AUDIO_NEEDED !!!

TheNewGuyErik

Hello I am looking for an GREAT head-set/phones... for GAMING...
Mine BUDGET is 130,-- €... around that price...

Good friend of mine recommended  AKG K701, is it anygood ? - I asked on reddit and its going slow so I am asking here...

I dont want to spend extra for an amp...yet!

There is NO NEED for MICROPHONE or GAMING looks...pls

My english isnt great, sorry...

12 minutes ago, TheNewGuyErik said:

Hello I am looking for an GREAT head-set/phones... for GAMING...
Mine BUDGET is 130,-- €... around that price...

Good friend of mine recommended  AKG K701, is it anygood ? - I asked on reddit and its going slow so I am asking here...

I dont want to spend extra for an amp...yet!

There is NO NEED for MICROPHONE or GAMING looks...pls

My english isnt great, sorry...

That's a heck of a lot to spend on headphones, but those AKGs are great headphones all around. You could do a LOT worse than the one you are interested in.

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

1 minute ago, Radium_Angel said:

That's a heck of a lot to spend on headphones, but those AKGs are great headphones all around. You could do a LOT worse than the one you are interested in.

I am not inaterested in these...
These were just recommended... by my friend.

Im trying to look for something ultimate... to maybe take to school/city as well to hear everyone in the game... with some great stereo imaging to hear exact spot of the sound source(for example-enemy)...

I like the AKG for gaming. The 701/702/7xx/712 are nearly cheating. In a good way.

Our brain generally recognizes the direction of sound from high-frequency attenuation as well as doppler effect's effect on sound. Obviously there's way more to it than that, but in a simple sense, that is how it goes. The 7XX series of headphones from AKG have a little overly resolving high end, which works incredibly well for positional audio cues. 

Where do you plan on buying the headphones from? That way one of us can look at your local options.

21 hours ago, NinjaQuick said:

I like the AKG for gaming. The 701/702/7xx/712 are nearly cheating. In a good way.

Our brain generally recognizes the direction of sound from high-frequency attenuation as well as doppler effect's effect on sound. Obviously there's way more to it than that, but in a simple sense, that is how it goes. The 7XX series of headphones from AKG have a little overly resolving high end, which works incredibly well for positional audio cues. 

Where do you plan on buying the headphones from? That way one of us can look at your local options.

Thanks for replying...

I am from SLOVAKIA... and we can check prices on "heureka.sk" 

AND dont you know whats the difference between AKG K 702 and 701... :S

17 hours ago, NinjaQuick said:

They need an amp, 702 are newer design than 701.

Koss PortaPro, no joke, is a good option if you want to save now to get better later.

https://sluchadla.heureka.sk/sennheiser-hd-569/

Thanks for replying... but I am looking for an headset mostly for gaming so... thanks anyway but I really dont want to wait any longer...

And I dont get why you posted an sennheiser HD 569 from heureka.sk

Thanks for you help again, anyway...

I am in "final stage" of deceding between AKG k701/2 but i cant see difference (beside design... and price changed a bit as well)... and dont know if I will OR will NOT need an AMP/DAC or another audio card...(if I do I'd probably  -later on- bought an FiiO E10k OLYMPUS 2(Its a bit on a "pricie" side for me with tag of an 85€ :( ) or AXAGON ADA-71 SoundBox(35€), if needed...   )

And I heard a some bad reviews about comfort of AKG K 701/2... is it true ?

look at the head bands. pick the one without bumps.

you said check prices on heureka.sk, and i threw the sennheisers in the mix for comfort. they are also less likely to need an amp, which the 702 will want.

the sennheisers also use a stereo jack that is standard/cheaper to replace cable and lets you use boom style mics, such as the vmoda boom pro. And I think the 569 have an in-line mic, too, so that's nice. It is just a thought. It would be a better option for on the go use, and more versatility. The AKG are VERY BIG headphones.