Computer Power Loss Issues

Maverick454

Hi

I'm having an issue with my gaming rig. It will occasionally lose power and shut off. In the past, it would only do this after long periods of intense gaming, and it only happen maybe once a month. After talking to a friend who knows far more about computers than I do, we came to the conclusion that it might be an issued caused by dirty power. This hasn't been an issue for a couple months. That was until today. It shut off a couple times while loading a game (Sniper Elite 4) and after playing the game for about 10 minutes, it shut off and refused to turn back on for about 5 minutes. I tried unplugging the computer and flipping the switch on the PSU during that time, but it didn't do anything. It just turned back on on it's own after awhile. While it was shut off, the RGB light on the motherboard was the only thing on. The GPU RGBs were off, and I couldn't hear or see any of the fans moving.

I THINK I might have a faulty PSU, but I wanted a second opinion on that. If it might be, what do I need to do to test it to make sure? Right now the computer seems to be working fine, though I'm avoiding any gaming on it until I can figure this out. The case has plenty of airflow, it is kept clean, and temps stay pretty good even under heavy loads, so I do not think it's an overheating issue.

Here's my computer specs. Nothing is overclocked

Mobo - ASUS Maximus IX Hero

CPU - Intel i5-7600K

GPU - EVGA GTX 1080 FTW

CPU Cooling - Corsair H100i v2

PSU - Corsair CX750M

RAM - 16gb

Any ideas? Thanks

The PSU is a Corsair CX750M.

Unfortunately, my friend is about 350 miles away and I won't see him again until the end of Summer.

This is the info from Windows event viewer. I'm not sure if it's useful, but figured I might as well post it anyways.

Log Name:      System
Source:        Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power
Date:          5/4/2018 9:57:08 PM
Event ID:      41
Task Category: (63)
Level:         Critical
User:          SYSTEM

Description:
The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly.

Also checked the temps. 

Idle 

CPU - 28 C

GPU - 39 C

MoBo - 25 C

Under load (right before it rebooted)

CPU - 43 C

GPU - 67 C

MoBo - 26 C