Computer Randomly Turns Off

I recently traveled home from uni with my computer and now it seems that my computer has been damaged in transit. When I got home it was pissing it down with rain so I had to carry it though with a towel over it but I still think some water might have gotten in, I doubt that is the main cause of any problems but it happened. None of the hardware in the PC is different from when I was at uni. I don't see how it could be an overheating issue considering nothing has changed and I haven't had any problems with overheating in this PC before. It mainly seems to turn off when I'm playing games but it has been turning off while watching videos on youtube or just being on chrome with mumble open talking to friends. I left it on doing nothing today for at least 3 hours without any issues though.

I'm going to get some compressed air after xmas (I pretty much can't get out to get some till then) so I can properly clean the fans etc. but I'm convinced something else has gone wrong other than overheating. 

Any help would be appreciated.

Many possibilities. Could be a corrupted OS too or driver issues. Best way is to check your cables, reinstall windows and clear your bios. 

•  i7 4770k @4.5ghz 1.248v • Noctua NHD14  •  ASUS MAXIMUS VI Hero •  Asus STIRIX 980 Ti •

•  Corsair Vengeance Pro 16Gb  •  Samsung 840 250gb + Samsung 1TB 7200RPM •  BenQ XL2430T 144Hz  •

•  Fractal Design R4  •  CoolerMaster GX650 80+ •  Razer Deathadder Chroma  •  Filco Ninja 2 Red  •  HD600/HE-4/ Fiio E17  • 

Did you let it dry over night etc after that rain episode? There might be some residual water left that short circuits something.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

I dont think it has something to do with the water, since with a short circuit i am not sure weather it would ever turn on again. Sound a lot more like a harddrive being smashed or ram broken, also what kind of cooling are you using? did you check the temperatures, it might be that the cooling unit on you cpu broke and you just can't see it...