WIFI PASSwords

ChangedName

So i have a restaurant and i want my guest to connect to our wifi and automatically disconnect them. is there a way to automatically make different wifi passwords or a wifi password that is only accesible to one person and automatically delete that pass but still the person that used that pass is still connected

19 minutes ago, Niggapink said:

So i have a restaurant and i want my guest to connect to our wifi and automatically disconnect them. is there a way to automatically make different wifi passwords or a wifi password that is only accesible to one person and automatically delete that pass but still the person that used that pass is still connected

Yes, with a good programmer and a suitably expensive Cisco wifi router.

We use something similar to this at work. The programmer and gear set us back about 10k

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

15 hours ago, Radium_Angel said:

Yes, with a good programmer and a suitably expensive Cisco wifi router.

We use something similar to this at work. The programmer and gear set us back about 10k

is there a cheaper way??

Just now, Niggapink said:

is there a cheaper way??

Not that I am aware of. What you are asking for is not a common task, and is generally used in an Enterprise setting (in our case, visiting guests can bring their own wireless device and they get a custom username and password, usable only once while they are there)

It's possible you can find a software package to do this, you'll need to do some googling, but I strongly doubt it, this sort of thing is very specific.

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

what if i use different ssid?? and is there an app or something that create a random ssid and auto delete that ssid??

45 minutes ago, Niggapink said:

what if i use different ssid?? and is there an app or something that create a random ssid and auto delete that ssid??

What you're asking for is high-grade level stuff, unfortunately. Get a router w the ability to have dual broadcast, so you can have one network utilize x network name and x password and then guests when they come will have to use the passsword you placed or whatever when they come to eat. Just give hte password to paying partrons only and stuff like that.

NEVER GIVE UP. NEVER STOP LEARNING. DONT LET THE PAST HURT YOU. YOU CAN DOOOOO IT

Keep it simple. Print the wifi password on the menu so only guests can access the wifi. Change the wifi password every now and then if you like. There's not really anything else you can do. You might wanna limit the speeds per user, so you won't have customers downloading huge files and slowing down the whole network. 

CPU: AMD 3800X GPU: GTX 1080 Ti RAM: (16GB) 2x Corsair 8gb DDR4 3200Mhz Drives: SanDisk 240GB SSD, Samsung 500GB SSD, WD 1TB HDD

Motherboard: MSI X470 Gaming pro plus PSU: Gigabyte 650 watt Monitor(s): 27 inch AOC 1440p

You could use Ubiquity Unifi AP's and use the guest portal function. You would then need a programmer to make a custom portal for you which checks the credentials entered in the portal to a database and then returns to the unifi controller if the auth check was okay.

or make it connect to a radius server which uses a voucher system

19 hours ago, Ramamataz said:

What you're asking for is high-grade level stuff, unfortunately. Get a router w the ability to have dual broadcast, so you can have one network utilize x network name and x password and then guests when they come will have to use the passsword you placed or whatever when they come to eat. Just give hte password to paying partrons only and stuff like that.

how do i do that??

19 hours ago, Ramamataz said:

is it possible that a password is only a 1 time use. like 1 person can only use that pass

You need a capture portal to provide this type of functionality.  However to implement this type of functionality you will need to do some reading and understand what you are trying to achieve.  No one can give you a blanket, do X, Y, Z in 3 steps and its done.

We can provide recommendations, but you need to make a choice on how to implement it.

Here would be my recommendation;

Ubiquiti Access Point(s) with guest capture portal functionality
https://help.ubnt.com/hc/en-us/articles/205202640-UniFi-Guest-Portal-Promotional-URL-Automatic-Redirection

Custom capture portal via pfSense router
https://doc.pfsense.org/index.php/Captive_Portal

Custom rules according to your requirements, e.g remove user X after 120 minutes.

Please quote or tag me if you need a reply

15 hours ago, Niggapink said:

I have to question why you are trying to over complicate this?

As already mentioned, just put the password in the Menu. Or put up signs that say “WIFI password available upon request”, and have your staff give out the password when asked. 

Then just change the password every week or every month. 

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)