needing help with the,"Dell Gaming S2716DGR 27.0"

I have recently bought a Dell Gaming S2716DGR 27" 144hz gsync monitor to pair up with my 27" Hp Omen who also has 2k resolution, 144hz, and gsync.

My issue is that the picture on my  dell just looks so much darker. I am aware that I could just up the brightness, my issue is that even though I have googled and read a few different Reddit master pc tech's(lol)  guide to setting your colors and contrast etc. My problem is when I put in the settings that another owner of the same model monitor uses, my picture looks a good bit worse than my Omen.

I really appreciate you taking the time to help me out...... but I must ask a somewhat newnesque question.

When you say adjust the "gamma",can I do that on the actual monitor itself, or should it be done under display settings?

Thanks homie

7 hours ago, MICHAEL_SCARN said:

I really appreciate you taking the time to help me out...... but I must ask a somewhat newnesque question.

When you say adjust the "gamma",can I do that on the actual monitor itself, or should it be done under display settings?

Thanks homie

Sorry, I din't realise that the monitor doesn't have gamma settings in the OSD menu.

Go to the NVIDIA control panel. From there select 'Adjust desktop colour settings'. You can then mess with the gamma and contrast until it looks the way you want it to.