Ambient temperature display

I’m looking to fill up at least one of those odd spaces at the front of my case. It’s a whole 5.25” of nothing, I figure something should go in there I just couldn’t figure out what. 

Then I had an idea to not only display the temperature of my cpu or gpu but also the ambient temperature of the room, to see what kind of deltas I’m getting. 

Is there anything like this on the market? I know ones for the internal temps such as cpu exist but I haven’t found one for external temps. 

DELETE! DELETE!

EXTERMINATE! EXTERMINATE!

Silence will fall.

PSU Tier List - I keep forgetting where this is so I'm going to leave it here.

For external temps, a thermometer is probably your best bet. I don't think the 5.25 bay ones are very mod-able tho. You can fabricate a custom one using a Raspberry Pi with a temp sensor, and write a program that receives CPU temps from your PC and displays that and the external temp together.  

Did my post help you? Then make sure to rate it!

Check out my post on symbolic links! || PSU ranking and tiers || Pokemon Thread

7 minutes ago, Dobbsjr said:

You can fabricate a custom one using a Raspberry Pi with a temp sensor, and write a program that receives CPU temps from your PC and displays that and the external temp together.  

That’s interesting.... I was wondering what I should do with that pi I got for Christmas. 

DELETE! DELETE!

EXTERMINATE! EXTERMINATE!

Silence will fall.

PSU Tier List - I keep forgetting where this is so I'm going to leave it here.

Type in "digital thermometer with probe" into eBay and you'll get about 10 billion results for under $5. It's just a case of jamming the red and black wires into the 12V of a molex connector and attaching the probe to the front mesh of your case. Might take a bit of effort though to make a custom 5.25 slot to put it in so it all looks tidy.