how to connect

keatond27
Go to solution Solved by AskTJ,

Plug the cable into the 770 and into the monitor. If your motherboard has a VGA port on the i/o, that's for the integrated graphics which are crap for gaming.

i am confused. i have to connect my pc to my monitor. the monitor has a vga port and it came with a vga cable. so do i use vga on the monitor to vga on the i/o? or do i go vga on the monitor to dvi-i on the gpu. its a gtx 770 if that matters. thanks for the help. 

If you want it to be powered by the GTX 770, it will need to go from the DVI-I to VGA from the GPU. If you want it to be powered by the iGPU/onboard graphics, it will go from the VGA port on the motherboard. 

4 minutes ago, keatond27 said:

i am confused. i have to connect my pc to my monitor. the monitor has a vga port and it came with a vga cable. so do i use vga on the monitor to vga on the i/o? or do i go vga on the monitor to dvi-i on the gpu. its a gtx 770 if that matters. thanks for the help. 

You need a DVI to VGA adapter placed on the DVI-I port on the GTX770 and then connect the VGA cable from your monitor to the adapter.

PC Specs - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D MSI B550M Mortar - 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-3600 @ CL16 - ASRock RX7800XT 660p 1TBGB & Crucial P5 1TB Fractal Define Mini C CM V750v2 - Windows 11 Pro

Plug the cable into the 770 and into the monitor. If your motherboard has a VGA port on the i/o, that's for the integrated graphics which are crap for gaming.

hi.

12 minutes ago, tj_420 said:

thanks a bunch

4 minutes ago, keatond27 said:

thanks a bunch

No worries. Please click the tick button nearly the reply to mark it as a best answer. Thanks!

hi.