1080ti underperforming

Im_Lambo

Just got a 1080ti 2 days ago and I believe it is underperforming, I've watched videos on it with close to the same setup as me in GTA V and they get a lot better fps than I do. People get better fps than me in 4k and I'm in 1080p

I left MSI hardware monitor logs in the attachment for help

http://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/8527066

GTA is at all max settings except for it's at 4xmsaa and no extended distance scaling 1080p

Black ops 3 is at complete max settings all around 1080p (card max at around 30-40% usage)

Let me know if anyone needs any more information and I will try to get it to you 

Spoiler

------------------
System Information
------------------
      Time of this report: 4/29/2018, 11:08:56
             Machine name: ZACHSPC
               Machine Id: {5403EB01-6FAF-47B3-9108-2A1FF1789682}
         Operating System: Windows 10 Home 64-bit (10.0, Build 16299) (16299.rs3_release_svc_escrow_im.180415-0955)
                 Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
      System Manufacturer: MSI
             System Model: MS-7A57
                     BIOS: BIOS Date: 11/20/17 13:03:43 Ver: V1.50
                Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7700K CPU @ 4.20GHz (8 CPUs), ~4.2GHz
                   Memory: 16384MB RAM
      Available OS Memory: 16338MB RAM
                Page File: 6937MB used, 11926MB available
              Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS
          DirectX Version: DirectX 12
      DX Setup Parameters: Not found
         User DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
       System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
          DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
                 Miracast: Available, with HDCP
Microsoft Graphics Hybrid: Not Supported
           DxDiag Version: 10.00.16299.0015 64bit Unicode

black ops 3 hardware monitor.hml

GTA V hardware monitor.hml

Maybe your GPU is thermal throttling. How are your temperatures under load for your CPU and GPU?

CPU: Intel Core i7-950 Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R CPU Cooler: NZXT HAVIK 140 RAM: Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600 (1x2GB), Crucial DDR3-1600 (2x4GB), Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR3-1600 (1x4GB) GPU: ASUS GeForce GTX 770 DirectCU II 2GB SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 2.5" 1TB HDDs: WD Green 3.5" 1TB, WD Blue 3.5" 1TB PSU: Corsair AX860i & CableMod ModFlex Cables Case: Fractal Design Meshify C TG (White) Fans: 2x Dynamic X2 GP-12 Monitors: LG 24GL600F, Samsung S24D390 Keyboard: Logitech G710+ Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Mouse Pad: Steelseries QcK Audio: Bose SoundSport In-Ear Headphones

5 minutes ago, LeapFrogMasterRace said:

Is this a new build if not did you remove the old GPU drivers before installing new ones?

I just got the 1080ti drivers off the website and didn't uninstall the old gtx970 drivers I had before because I thought it uninstalls them automatically when installing the new ones. 

3 minutes ago, Rasbir Singh said:

Maybe your GPU is thermal throttling. How are your temperatures under load for your CPU and GPU?

Rasbir take a look at the hardware monitors I don't think it is

2 minutes ago, Im_Lambo said:
6 minutes ago, Rasbir Singh said:

Rasbir take a look at the hardware monitors I don't think it is

Can you please post a screenshot on this thread. 

CPU: Intel Core i7-950 Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R CPU Cooler: NZXT HAVIK 140 RAM: Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600 (1x2GB), Crucial DDR3-1600 (2x4GB), Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR3-1600 (1x4GB) GPU: ASUS GeForce GTX 770 DirectCU II 2GB SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 2.5" 1TB HDDs: WD Green 3.5" 1TB, WD Blue 3.5" 1TB PSU: Corsair AX860i & CableMod ModFlex Cables Case: Fractal Design Meshify C TG (White) Fans: 2x Dynamic X2 GP-12 Monitors: LG 24GL600F, Samsung S24D390 Keyboard: Logitech G710+ Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Mouse Pad: Steelseries QcK Audio: Bose SoundSport In-Ear Headphones

2 minutes ago, Im_Lambo said:

I just got the 1080ti drivers off the website and didn't uninstall the old gtx970 drivers I had before because I thought it uninstalls them automatically when installing the new ones. 

Try uninstalling the drivers with DDU it is the first troubleshooting step I suggest 

Your first mistake is watching those damn 'youtube-nobody' videos with inflated testresults. Judge performance based on what you're seeing on established benchmarks and what you're seeing in telemetry from Afterburner. If you're getting decent GPU saturation and nothing is throttling, that's probably what you're supposed to get.

Honestly people really need to stop watching those random benchmarking video's. They're youtube clickbait.

16 minutes ago, Majestic said:

Your first mistake is watching those damn 'youtube-nobody' videos with inflated testresults. Judge performance based on what you're seeing on established benchmarks and what you're seeing in telemetry from Afterburner. If you're getting decent GPU saturation and nothing is throttling, that's probably what you're supposed to get.

Honestly people really need to stop watching those random benchmarking video's. They're youtube clickbait.

I can mostly understand that but 30-40fps in black ops 3 just doesn't seem right I also tried lowest settings and got same fps

6 minutes ago, Im_Lambo said:

I can mostly understand that but 30-40fps in black ops 3 just doesn't seem right I also tried lowest settings and got same fps

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/894384-stutters-framedrops-lag-how-to-provide-detailed-information-with-your-bottleneck-question-as-well-as-a-few-solutions/

subsection "collecting the information".

Tag me when you have the results. I'm not debating your subjective interpretation of the results, as you can hopefully understand.

7 minutes ago, Majestic said:

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/894384-stutters-framedrops-lag-how-to-provide-detailed-information-with-your-bottleneck-question-as-well-as-a-few-solutions/

subsection "collecting the information".

Tag me when you have the results. I'm not debating your subjective interpretation of the results, as you can hopefully understand.

I did all that already in the original post I found your post first and built off it so its ready I guess? 

1 minute ago, Im_Lambo said:

I did all that already in the original post I found your post first and built off it so its ready I guess? 

Oh i must've missed it, my bad. I will check it out.

This attachment is another hardware monitor of black ops 3 after the using DDU to uninstall drivers and whatnot. I think there was a small improvement but still don't think its where it should be at

BO3 hardware monitor 2.hml

1 minute ago, Majestic said:

Can you please explain to me what you were doing while those GTA 5 results were being graphed? They are really weird.

the ingame benchmark test. should i make a new one of the actual game and not the benchmark?

7 minutes ago, Im_Lambo said:

the ingame benchmark test. should i make a new one of the actual game and not the benchmark?

Yes please, and for BO3 can you turn down the texture settings one notch.

13 minutes ago, Majestic said:

Yes please, and for BO3 can you turn down the texture settings one notch.

dropped settings down to medium on bo3 and got a good few mins of gameplay in GTA. the DDU driver uninstall improved both games a tiny bit but still 

gta v hardware monitor 2.hml

BO3 hardware monitor 3.hml

20180429135059_1.jpg

GTA 5 looks normal to me, the frametime spikes are just as a result of being CPU bottlenecked. You can try increasing the MSAA up to a point where the GPU starts to hit 99% load and becomes the predominant performance driver. Or just set a framecap. 

BO3 I have no explanation for. CPU load is fairly high and you're getting shit fps. Looks like that game is just a giant turd. Seeing lots of posts about the same problem concerning that game with no real fixes. 

5 minutes ago, Majestic said:

GTA 5 looks normal to me, the frametime spikes are just as a result of being CPU bottlenecked. You can try increasing the MSAA up to a point where the GPU starts to hit 99% load and becomes the predominant performance driver. Or just set a framecap. 

BO3 I have no explanation for. CPU load is fairly high and you're getting shit fps. Looks like that game is just a giant turd. Seeing lots of posts about the same problem concerning that game with no real fixes. 

i can up the msaa to 8x and set the frame scaling up to try and max it out

13 minutes ago, Majestic said:

Here is GTA literally max everything in settings msaa 8x, 2x frame scaling etc etc

gta v hardware monitor 3 max settings.hml