Sandy Bridge to Ryzen Upgrade

sorry about this we seem to have got into a flame war and hyjacked the thread we should get back on topic

heres a screeny of a ryzen build from newegg i no its more than your budget but you can get a differant ryzen cpu and a cheaper board and only 4gig off ramm which should bring it close to your budget plus you can sell your parts befor hand to mack up any differance

newegg ryzen build.png

heres a ryzen build for your budget you can get cheaper ramm than the corsair ram i selected but this is the ram thats in my build so i no it works on ryzen motherboards

cheap ryzen build.png

There's no point in upgrading his mobo/ram/cpu, ddr4 2400 is barely faster than ddr3 1600 for gaming, ryzen 5 1600 is only slightly faster than an overclocked i5 2500k for gaming, and the mobo basically gives him nothing as it's a prerequisite for the cpu and ram

While the ram and cpu together might give him maybe like 25% fps boost in games AT BEST, gtx 1060 3gb is about 260% faster than a 750 ti, his framerate will MORE THAN DOUBLE, upgrading his GPU is by far the best upgrade he can make right now with his budget

“Every post deserves a meme„

–Confucius

5 minutes ago, Yo Whats Up said:

There's no point in upgrading his mobo/ram/cpu, ddr4 2400 is barely faster than ddr3 1600 for gaming, ryzen 5 1600 is only slightly faster than an overclocked i5 2500k for gaming, and the mobo basically gives him nothing as it's a prerequisite for the cpu and ram

While the ram and cpu together might give him maybe like 25% fps boost in games AT BEST, gtx 1060 3gb is about 260% faster than a 750 ti, his framerate will MORE THAN DOUBLE, upgrading his GPU is by far the best upgrade he can make right now with his budget

yes i do agree with you he doesent need a new cpu motherboard or ramm and a gpu upgrade would be better but im just answearing his original question

4 hours ago, i_got_laid_by_a_dragoness said:

"Only have an H60" 

I "only have" a cheap 240mm AiO that was built in china by starving children. You don't need "exotic" cooling, a Hyper 212 can keep a 120W CPU under 60 degrees with proper paste.

I'm on Haswell so I can't really say anything about Intel's TIM.

jesus everything is made in china

The quieter you become the more you are able to hear 

11 hours ago, KarathKasun said:

E3-1240 can only OC ~5%, have one of those currently.  Also have an E3-1280 running 105 BCLK

I used to have an E3 1240 and then switched to an E3 1290 v2. I was pretty happy with it. My E3 1240 OC'd to BCLK of 106.0 but refused to go any higher. I got single core turbo up to 3.9GHz.

10 hours ago, thanos999 said:

second hand motherboards being more expensive than a new motherboard

The ASUS Z77 Sabertooth can be gotten at auction on eBay for a little over $100.

Intel Core i7 4790K 4.8GHz | MSI Z97 Gaming 5 | 32GB 2133MHz CL7 DDR3 | nVidia GeForce GTX 1070 with Custom BIOS | Samsung 850 Evo 500GB | 3TB Seagate FireCuda SSHD | 2TB Seagate FireCuda SSHD | Corsair CX750M  | Custom 240mm all-in-one liquid cooler | Broadcom NetXTREME 5709c Dual Gigabit NIC | Cougar MX330 mid-tower chassis | Windows Server 2008 R2 Datacenter

3 minutes ago, i_got_laid_by_a_dragoness said:

I used to have an E3 1240 and then switched to an E3 1290 v2. I was pretty happy with it. My E3 1240 OC'd to BCLK of 106.0 but refused to go any higher. I got single core turbo up to 3.9GHz.

I dont see single core turbo very often on either.  In games its usually at the 3 and 4 core turbo speeds.

1 hour ago, i_got_laid_by_a_dragoness said:

The ASUS Z77 Sabertooth can be gotten at auction on eBay for a little over $100.

thats the us ebay im in europe prices are differant and people in the us dont like trading outside the us 48

7 hours ago, thanos999 said:

thats the us ebay im in europe prices are differant and people in the us dont like trading outside the us 48

if mine didn't get fried during a storm I would have sold it to you from the US...I got my E3 1290 v2 to 4.6Ghz single core and 4.3 all core. That's why I moved to Haswell. I couldn't justify the price of buying used Sandy/Ivy so I just went up to Haswell. Got mine cheap off Craigslist.

Intel Core i7 4790K 4.8GHz | MSI Z97 Gaming 5 | 32GB 2133MHz CL7 DDR3 | nVidia GeForce GTX 1070 with Custom BIOS | Samsung 850 Evo 500GB | 3TB Seagate FireCuda SSHD | 2TB Seagate FireCuda SSHD | Corsair CX750M  | Custom 240mm all-in-one liquid cooler | Broadcom NetXTREME 5709c Dual Gigabit NIC | Cougar MX330 mid-tower chassis | Windows Server 2008 R2 Datacenter

i thought with the prices off second hand motherboards being as expensive as new or in the case off a replacement asus maximus formular motherboard that was actuly more expensive by £25 than what i paid for it new in 2013 i might as well build a new pc heres a picture off a motherboaard that i was looking at its £100 more expensive than the new motherboard i just bought

expensive second hand board.png