GPU fan issue

RoyalGamer1

so the past few days one of my two GPU fans have been super super loud, to me it sounds like its off balance and like vibrating really fast maybe?? there was a big dust ball on it and the blade where dusty but I ran out of duster last week so i removed what I could and there is no big dust on it anymore so i don't think its just dust making it off balance and I mean my case is super dusty. its really annoying and the fan does seem to be spinning slower then the other fan. when I stop the fan the sound will stop and it will take a few sec for it to start , so it seems to be when the fan is spinning full speed or just at a high speed. how can I fix this? I want to stab my ears out!

There is dust in the bearings of the fan probably... You really need to clean your PC from the dust or you will kill components such as the fans.

That fan probably needs replacement now.

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X Cooler: Corsair H100i Platinum SE Mobo: Asus B550-A GPU: EVGA RTX 2070 XC RAM: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200MHz 16CL 4x8GB (DDR4) SSD0: Crucial MX300 525GB SSD1: Samsung QVO 1TB PSU: NZXT C650 Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow Monitor: Asus VG259QM (240Hz)

I usually edit my posts immediately after posting them, as I don't check for typos before pressing the shiny SUBMIT button.

Unraid Server

CPU: Ryzen 5 7600 Cooler: Noctua NH-U12S Mobo: Asus B650E-i RAM: Kingston Server Premier ECC 2x32GB (DDR5) SSD: Samsung 980 2x1TB HDD: Toshiba MG09 1x18TB; Toshiba MG08 2x16TB HDD Controller: LSI 9207-8i PSUCorsair SF750 Case: Node 304

What graphics card do you have? You'll likely need to replace the fan. If the card is under warranty, you can probably get a replacement from the manufacturer. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

27 minutes ago, WoodenMarker said:

What graphics card do you have? You'll likely need to replace the fan. If the card is under warranty, you can probably get a replacement from the manufacturer. 

bought it used its a 1060

Just now, RoyalGamer1 said:

bought it used its a 1060

If you don't have access to warranty, you can just remove the fan and strap another fan onto it using zipties or adhesives. If that's too much of an eyesore, you can get an aftermarket cooler altogether like an Arctic Accelero. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

3 minutes ago, WoodenMarker said:

If you don't have access to warranty, you can just remove the fan and strap another fan onto it using zipties or adhesives. If that's too much of an eyesore, you can get an aftermarket cooler altogether like an Arctic Accelero. 

zip tie a normal case fan? 

zip tie a normal case fan? 

Yep, that works. Which model 1060 do you have?

Just now, WoodenMarker said:

Yep, that works. Which model 1060 do you have?

ROG STRIX, only fan I have is some blue LED rosewill one 

ROG STRIX, only fan I have is some blue LED rosewill one 

That still might work better than nothing. I think you meant the Strix DC2. The ROG Strix has 3 fans. 

If you're willing to buy some better case fans to strap on, that might provide better performance than the stock fans. 

Linus has an example here with the 1070:

10 minutes ago, WoodenMarker said:

That still might work better than nothing. I think you meant the Strix DC2. The ROG Strix has 3 fans. 

If you're willing to buy some better case fans to strap on, that might provide better performance than the stock fans. 

Linus has an example here with the 1070:

I guess it will be better then the current sound