Overwhelmed by Options

So I'm looking into buying a laptop within the next few months, and in doing some research I've been quite overwhelmed by all of the options. Many websites such as MSI, or ASUS offer many choices but do not do not do a good job at showing the differences. I'm coming here as its the biggest community I know to ask your help in finding a laptop for me too buy.

Here are the things I am looking for a laptop.

- 15-17in Screen

- 1060 or higher

- decently lasting battery, (I don't plan on doing too much gaming on battery, I at least want to get through a school day doing simple things like word processing)

- 16gig Ram (8gig if there is room to upgrade)

- 256gig SSD (Or room to expand)

- 1080p (non-touch)

- I7 cpu

- Good lasting quality, I want to be able to use it for a few years.

My price range is around 1500-1800 USD

Any suggestions would help me out greatly!

Thanks!!!

Edit: And I have looked at the Gaming Laptop Guide, but most of the links there no longer work.

3 hours ago, PyroBlast13 said:

snip

No one can guarantee lifespan of a laptop, it depends on many factors like how to take care of it, usage, luck etc.

Consider Dell G series, although the max GPU you can get is only 1060 Max-Q (which can be tuned further to match a regular 1060N due to good cooling). P950EP6/P950ER also good, thin and light with good build quality and good cooling (for a thin laptop), >4 hours battery life. Buy from resellers like gentechpc, they offer repaste for better thermals. Alienware 15/17 R5 also OK but you must get display panel without Gsync (which is quite difficult to find) and 99Wh battery option for better battery life.

Laptop guide is useless IMO

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX

Asrock Challenger Pro OC Radeon RX 6700 XT Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8Gx2) 3600MHz CL18 Kingston NV2 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD

Montech Century 850W Gold Tecware Nexus Air (Black) ATX Mid Tower

Laptop: Lenovo Ideapad 5 Pro 16ACH6

Phone: Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro 8+128