Building a new PC

So I’ve built a few PCs in the past but I’ve been using PCPartPicker to make sure everything is going to work okay. I really want to pick out my own parts from scratch without using the website but I don’t know enough about computers to understand what parts will work with each other. Does anyone know of any guides or videos that I could see to teach me how to pick out my own parts (All of the parts)? Let me know please and thank you! Also I’ve been buying my parts off Amazon and Newegg through PCPartPicker but sometimes I want a case that as quiet fans or RGB or different internals etc. Does anyone know where I can get basically any case or parts I want. I’ve never really looked on Newegg other than through PCPartPicker but will I find what I want from those sites if I drive deeper in them. Let me know of that as well please and thank you! 

First is what is your budget? Intel or AND? How much ram you need? i3, i5, i7? CPU, GPU? What you going to use the computer for?

Amazon is a good place to start as well.

When I did my build in 2017, I paid for a kit with Motherboard z170-p. 32gb Ram and i7..

My budget is around $1300 US. I prefer Intel and would like an i7. I’m a web developer but I also like to game and edit videos once in a while. So it needs to do everything but it doesn’t have to be super good at one thing. I’m also looking for probably about 16GB of ram but upgradable later. 

12 hours ago, Blakebacher said:

So I’ve built a few PCs in the past but I’ve been using PCPartPicker to make sure everything is going to work okay. I really want to pick out my own parts from scratch without using the website but I don’t know enough about computers to understand what parts will work with each other. Does anyone know of any guides or videos that I could see to teach me how to pick out my own parts (All of the parts)? Let me know please and thank you! Also I’ve been buying my parts off Amazon and Newegg through PCPartPicker but sometimes I want a case that as quiet fans or RGB or different internals etc. Does anyone know where I can get basically any case or parts I want. I’ve never really looked on Newegg other than through PCPartPicker but will I find what I want from those sites if I drive deeper in them. Let me know of that as well please and thank you! 

GET SOMETHING LIKE THIS....

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 7 2700 3.2GHz 8-Core Processor  ($289.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Motherboard: ASRock - X470 Master SLI/AC ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($129.99 @ Newegg) 
Memory: Team - T-Force Delta RGB 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  ($159.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: SanDisk - SSD PLUS 240GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($72.89 @ OutletPC) 
Storage: Seagate - Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($59.79 @ OutletPC) 
Video Card: Gigabyte - GeForce GTX 1070 8GB G1 Gaming Video Card  ($504.88 @ OutletPC) 
Case: Phanteks - ECLIPSE P400S TEMPERED GLASS ATX Mid Tower Case  ($59.99 @ Newegg) 
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA G3 550W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($55.88 @ OutletPC) 
Total: $1333.40
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-04-26 08:03 EDT-0400

ALSO....IF U R WILLING TO SPEND $100 MORE....U CN GET A GTX 1080...

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/6shj4D/asus-geforce-gtx-1080-8gb-video-card-rog-strix-gtx1080-8g-gaming

ALSO ADD IN AN AIO COOLER IN FUTURE...LIKE CORSAIR H100I OR KRAKEN X62

SSD TIER LIST

CPU - Ryzen 7 3700X

Mobo - ASRock X470 Taichi

Memory - G.Skill Trident Z RGB (8x2 3200MHz) 

Storage - Sabrent Rocket 1TB - Seagate Barracuda 2TBWD Black 1TB

GPU - MSI GeForce GTX 980Ti LIGHTNING

CaseFractal Design Meshify C

PSUSuper Flower Leadex II Gold 650W