YouTube frame dropping movies

I have a strange issue that I haven't been able to figure out so I thought I would post the question here to find out if anyone knows what might be causing this problem and how to fix it.

I'm using Windows 10 home with a

5960X with 16 GB RAM. a Nvidia GTX 980. SanDisk Ultra II 480GB (SSD). and my monitor is the ROG PG279Q 2560x1440@140Hz.

I tried watching a few movies on YouTube digitally bought recently. I tried the Martian as well as the movie Avatar.

In both movies I noticed that it was slightly stuttering every few seconds. I right clicked on the video and checked the stats for nerds and sure enough I was right it was dropping frames. I can't figure out why it would be doing this. I tried changing the refresh rate on my monitor to 120 Hz, I tried 60 Hz, I even tried 24 Hz because of the whole movies are recorded at 24 Hz stuff. No luck, friends were still getting dropped. I have a 50 Mb download speed and roughly 8 megabit upload speed on average. I have a Google Chromecast so I decided to try casting the movie to that from my computer. And holy shiitake what do you know, the movie plays flawlessly with no frame drops whatsoever. So can anyone please explain to me what's going on here and why frame drops would be happening on my computer but not my TV?

I'd check Nvidia control panel,3d settings, program settings, Your browser then check the Vsync settings.

I'm curious if this problem happens to anyone else who digitally bought a movie on YouTube and using their computer to watch it. I've checked every setting I can think of that which conflict with video playback on YouTube. I'm inclined to think that YouTube is the problem somehow. because every other video I watched on YouTube plays just fine with no frame drops. It's only their movies that has problems. Maybe it's because they took movies that were recorded at 24 FPS and rendered them at 60 FPS to upload on YouTube? That's my best guess