Ryzen 1200 3.7 Overclocking question (new to ryzen OC)

Go to solution Solved by Ordinarily_Greater,

It's ok for both the voltage and the temps

the temps bump could be happening because slight temperature changes from the VRM 

Hey! I managed to overclock mine Ryzen 3 1200 to 3.7GHz on 1.268V (1st was 1,275 then lowered it) set manual in bios (I am using ASRock AB350M-HDV) and I am running stable at least for now (1hr aida64 stress test,1hr prime 95 small and 1hr realbench). Mine max temps were around 68C in prime95 small stress test, ~58-59C on Aida and ~65 in RealBench. So mine question is: Is it ok that the CPU Vcore that HWMonitor and cpu-z shows is 1.28 (not the 1.268 that set in bios) and Is it normal to have temp spikes like if it is on 33C idle and then for second the package temp go to 42C and then instantly back to 33-4C again. Sorry if my question sounds dumb or smthn like that, but I am new with Ryzen OC *sorry for my bad grammar as well*

It's ok for both the voltage and the temps

the temps bump could be happening because slight temperature changes from the VRM 

"Make it future proof for some years at least, don't buy "only slightly better" stuff that gets outdated 1 year, that's throwing money away" @pipoawas

-Frequencies DON'T represent everything and in many cases that is true (referring to Individual CPU Clocks).

Mention me if you want to summon me sooner or later

Spoiler

My head on 2019 :

Note 10, S10, Samsung becomes Apple, Zen 2, 3700X, Renegade X lol

Is it normal to have temp spikes like if it is on 33C idle and then for second the package temp go to 42C and then instantly back to 33-4C again

Yes, its normal. Even more on Ryzen.

Thanks for the answers I guess everything is normal then. This is my 1st time seeing something like that (package temp spikes) *ex-shintel user*