RGB fans

thomyboy34

I have some extra cash burning a hole in my pocket and noticed some rgb fans on sale on newegg.(hd 120s)  Now this is my mobo.

I know it only has 1 "rgb" fan header however the pack I'm looking at has 3.  Ive done some research but have come up mostly blank the rgb controller that comes with them controls the rgb but takes no power so it wont power the fans (right?) so the fan takes power for itself and the coloring of the fan from the same cable (right?) and the only value of the "rgb" fan header on the mobo is to control the rgb from software.  So it shouldnt matter if im plugging the power for rbg fans into regular fan headers as the rgb controller will plug into the actually header on mobo (right?)  Or do I need to do something else?

1 hour ago, thomyboy34 said:

I have some extra cash burning a hole in my pocket and noticed some rgb fans on sale on newegg.(hd 120s)  Now this is my mobo.

I know it only has 1 "rgb" fan header however the pack I'm looking at has 3.  Ive done some research but have come up mostly blank the rgb controller that comes with them controls the rgb but takes no power so it wont power the fans (right?) so the fan takes power for itself and the coloring of the fan from the same cable (right?) and the only value of the "rgb" fan header on the mobo is to control the rgb from software.  So it shouldnt matter if im plugging the power for rbg fans into regular fan headers as the rgb controller will plug into the actually header on mobo (right?)  Or do I need to do something else?

The Corsair RGB fans will not work with motherboard based RGB controllers they use their own ecosystem via Corsair Link and completely different. The HD120's come with a manual controller for changing the colors and lighting modes but for advanced lighting patterns and software control you will need the lighting node pro. For both lighting and fan speed control the Commander Pro would be what you need. 

Image result for corsair HD120 fans