Audio/Video Stutter on New Computer, High Latency

I've been troubleshooting an issue I've been having with my fairly new Ryzen computer build for a while. I tend to get very annoying and quite jarring audio/video stutters due to what I have tracked down as probably a driver issue of some sort via LatencyMon.

I have the latest bios as well as any new drivers I can get, reseated everything, ran memtest with no issues, stress tested the system, using the Ryzen power plan, replaced the motherboard and PSU, attempted to fix any unusual reports in eventviewer, and reinstalled Windows 10 multiple times with the latest updates.

I've attached a text document with the stats from LatencyMon. If you could help me out you would be an absolute life saver, this has been a pretty long drawn out troubleshooting process over the course of nearly half a year, and I think its time I simply ask for help.

LatencyMon Stats.txt

19 hours ago, RiskyBiscuit said:

I've been troubleshooting an issue I've been having with my fairly new Ryzen computer build for a while. I tend to get very annoying and quite jarring audio/video stutters due to what I have tracked down as probably a driver issue of some sort via LatencyMon.

I have the latest bios as well as any new drivers I can get, reseated everything, ran memtest with no issues, stress tested the system, using the Ryzen power plan, replaced the motherboard and PSU, attempted to fix any unusual reports in eventviewer, and reinstalled Windows 10 multiple times with the latest updates.

I've attached a text document with the stats from LatencyMon. If you could help me out you would be an absolute life saver, this has been a pretty long drawn out troubleshooting process over the course of nearly half a year, and I think its time I simply ask for help.

LatencyMon Stats.txt

Is it similar to this problem I'm having? https://mega.nz/#!lRdyCa7Z!eGM4J3EpdhkqFpEmJelQ5Vu6IMXe53AsyMpdvgG59Rc

LatencyMon Stats.txt

video-c6317e49a394aeaebf60586f78e80833-V.mp4

received_2001176803258236.mp4

received_2001176139924969.mp4

@iqr Kinda sorta. My computer stutters for a shorter period of time, and instead of the audio cutting out its a rather loud "zzzt" sorta sound. Are you getting latency issues as well?

13 minutes ago, RiskyBiscuit said:

@iqr Kinda sorta. My computer stutters for a shorter period of time, and instead of the audio cutting out its a rather loud "zzzt" sorta sound. Are you getting latency issues as well?

That loud "zzzt" is heard through output, you can hear it through videos i recorded with phone instead of obs. Didn't do a latencymon test for now, will do it while ingame with also trying to clear standby list in rammap after joining a game. Note that restart "fixes" it until heavy based work or longer period of time using pc.

16 minutes ago, RiskyBiscuit said:

Here you have a thread with detailed stutter problem that I am experiencing. https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/917506-ryzen-configuration-stuttering/?tab=comments#comment-11251812

2 minutes ago, iqr said:

Note that restart "fixes" it until heavy based work or longer period of time using pc.

Same here for the most part, some programs seem to set it off though.

1 minute ago, RiskyBiscuit said:

Same here for the most part, some programs seem to set it off though.

Firstly i have changed mb because i though it was a south bridge overheating issue, apparently not. Tested on buddies hdd, disconnected cdrom and front panel usb ports/e-sata etc. For some reason it just made the stuttering smaller and not that frequent. Next thing I'll do is replacing psu and ram from my buddies ryzen build, if that doesn't solve the issue, I will

definitely rma the cpu.

10 minutes ago, iqr said:

Firstly i have changed mb because i though it was a south bridge overheating issue, apparently not. Tested on buddies hdd, disconnected cdrom and front panel usb ports/e-sata etc. For some reason it just made the stuttering smaller and not that frequent. Next thing I'll do is replacing psu and ram from my buddies ryzen build, if that doesn't solve the issue, I will

definitely rma the cpu.

I would run a mem check before replacing the RAM. I changed my mobo as well from an Asrock AB350m Pro4 to an MSI 350M Mortar Arctic. I sent my old PSU in for RMA as it was still within its warranty. I found a thread on MSI's forums that talked about this being an issue between audio drivers, latencymon reports this as one of the issues (HDAudBus.sys) as well as storport.sys. I'm interested to see if you have a similar report. I can almost always get the issue to occur when I start Aida64.

latencymon.png

6 minutes ago, RiskyBiscuit said:

I would run a mem check before replacing the RAM. I changed my mobo as well from an Asrock AB350m Pro4 to an MSI 350M Mortar Arctic. I sent my old PSU in for RMA as it was still within its warranty. I found a thread on MSI's forums that talked about this being an issue between audio drivers, latencymon reports this as one of the issues (HDAudBus.sys) as well as storport.sys. I'm interested to see if you have a similar report. I can almost always get the issue to occur when I start Aida64.

latencymon.png

The stutter is not constant, so I need to force it by doing heavy work. I'll send the results of latencymon.

15 minutes ago, RiskyBiscuit said:

I found the forum i talked about earlier, I don't know if you have the same motherboard but it may not be a motherboard specific issue to begin with (that is if you are indeed having the same latency issues and I suspect you are)
https://forum-en.msi.com/index.php?topic=299233.0

Had MSI B350 Tomahawk, rn GA gaming 3

On 4/18/2018 at 5:59 PM, RiskyBiscuit said:

I found the forum i talked about earlier, I don't know if you have the same motherboard but it may not be a motherboard specific issue to begin with (that is if you are indeed having the same latency issues and I suspect you are)
https://forum-en.msi.com/index.php?topic=299233.0

Screenshot_782.png

• 4 weeks later...

Ah so you do seem to be having the same issue as I am! It's been a while but since I'm still having this issue I figured I would stop by to see if anyone has commented.

8 minutes ago, RiskyBiscuit said:

Ah so you do seem to be having the same issue as I am! It's been a while but since I'm still having this issue I figured I would stop by to see if anyone has commented.

I have a 1700x and it's batch number is 1710, week 10 of 2017 fabrication. Requested rma last night, definitely cpu is causing all problem I experienced, it fails/crashes after 52secs by running ryzen segfault test. https://github.com/suaefar/ryzen-test

2nd.png

1st test.jpg

tpnaqBe.png

I'm thinking I'll just do the same. I just fiddled with Linux today actually, it ended up messing with my Windows install despite the partitions I set aside for it so I removed it or else I would have ran that.

I'm thinking I'll just do the same. I just fiddled with Linux today actually, it ended up messing with my Windows install despite the partitions I set aside for it so I removed it or else I would have ran that.

Screenshot_1221.png

Screenshot_1222.png