Weird SSD Booting

jond1122

Hello, I recently added a new SSD to my system and clean installed Windows to it, putting my Steam library on a 2 TB WD Blue drive. The problem is, the system boots weird. After pressing the power button, the fans spin at a low RPM and everything is on for about 15 seconds, then it spins the fans up to normal and continues to boot. I can't figure why. This is not a major problem, but i'd like it to behave like another system with an SSD which fully boots within seconds. I made sure the SSD was first in the boot priority too. For reference the SSD is a ADATA 128GB, motherboard is an MSI B-350 Gaming, with a Ryzen 5 1500x.   

what shows on the screen at the time of it getting "stuck" while booting, this sounds like your bios could be doing a full post rather than a fast boot post. Which sometimes can be a setting int he bios telling it to do this.

3 hours ago, factorialandha said:

what shows on the screen at the time of it getting "stuck" while booting, this sounds like your bios could be doing a full post rather than a fast boot post. Which sometimes can be a setting int he bios telling it to do this.

It does sound like it could be a motherboard setting. There is s black screen while it it "stuck" then the fans spin to normal, motherboard boot logo shows for a few seconds, then the windows 10 loading for a few seconds, then it is ready to login.