Headphone and DAC + AMP suggestions

MYX

Hey guys! I’m just looking to see if the headphones and dac amp setup is going to buy will be a good choice. I was thinking of buying a pair of monolith m1060’s (or 1060c’s whichever one is better for my preferences) and a fulla 2 AMP/DAC combo, since the 1060c army too power hungry and ill have a portable amp I can use different headphones with. Is this a good decision?? I’m open to any suggestions but firm with the budget of 400 USD. Thanks! 

Some prefrences

MUSIC: Electronic, hiphop,

USAGE: gaming, just music listening in house

FIT: over eat

I have the 1060Cs. They're an interesting headphone. One thing they point out for me though, is that Planar does not always mean great sound. Given your intended use, they're fine for that. They just fall short on any sort of listening where detail and great clarity are a must.

Are you asking for a portable solution or saying you already have one? My OPPO HA-2SE pushes the 1060Cs very well. My Fiio Q1 Mk is not quite powerful enough. They're a bit quiet.

5 minutes ago, Densetsu said:

I have the 1060Cs. They're an interesting headphone. One thing they point out for me though, is that Planar does not always mean great sound. Given your intended use, they're fine for that. They just fall short on any sort of listening where detail and great clarity are a must.

Are you asking for a portable solution or saying you already have one? My OPPO HA-2SE pushes the 1060Cs very well. My Fiio Q1 Mk is not quite powerful enough. They're a bit quiet.

I’m not looking for a portable solution yet, just the amp to have a portable high end headphone available. What is a pair for home use with more detail and clarity than the 1060? I’m coming from a pair of hyperx clouds so I expect a large change in clarity and detail

Don't go with the M1060s. They aren't very good. Go with the HD650 and the Schiit Magni 3 and Modi 2.

12 minutes ago, MaxCraft said:

I’m not looking for a portable solution yet, just the amp to have a portable high end headphone available. What is a pair for home use with more detail and clarity than the 1060? I’m coming from a pair of hyperx clouds so I expect a large change in clarity and detail

@Max_Settings just showed up, so I'll let him advise you.

1 minute ago, Max_Settings said:

Don't go with the M1060s. They aren't very good. Go with the HD650 and the Schiit Magni 3 and Modi 2.

mate I don't have the money for that here in Canada, thats over $800

1 hour ago, MaxCraft said:

mate I don't have the money for that here in Canada, thats over $800

What's your budget then?