Troubleshoot Graphics for me

Kian

Gonna make this short and simple.

I was running Windows 8, 64 bit.

Didn't like it and was running it for months, yesterday I downgraded to Windows 7 64 bit.

With all the latest drivers installed, I'm getting practically half the graphics performance I had.

Imagine my FPS in every game has been divided by 2. I don't understand why this would be happening.

Any ideas?

Hello

what are your system specs? If it is a low-end gpu, windows 7 could be the problem. Try disableing aero.

~non cogito, ergo non sum?~

what are your system specs? If it is a low-end gpu' date=' windows 7 could be the problem. Try disableing aero.[/quote']

I always disable Aero anyway, don't like the resource hog of it.

CPU: Intel i5 2500k (Cooled by Hyper Evo 212)

RAM: 16GB of DDR3 (Dual Channel, 1600MHz)

Motherboard: MSI P67A-C43

GPU: Asus 550 Ti

SSD: 128GB Crucial M4

HDD: Seagate 250GB 7200RPM

Hello

what are your system specs? If it is a low-end gpu' date=' windows 7 could be the problem. Try disableing aero.[/quote'] I always disable Aero anyway, don't like the resource hog of it. OS: Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 CPU: Intel i5 2500k (Cooled by Hyper Evo 212) RAM: 16GB of DDR3 (Dual Channel, 1600MHz) Motherboard: MSI P67A-C43 GPU: Asus 550 Ti SSD: 128GB Crucial M4 HDD: Seagate 250GB 7200RPM

When you disable Aero (on Windows 7), you disable the DWM which does composition and GPU acceleration for the GUI. It's hardly a resource hog, and disabling it can give you a worse graphics experience (more tearing, glitches, etc). I'd turn it back on.