Security risk (EPIC GAMES)

M300843499

So i forgot i have an account for Epic, but someone has attempted to log in but failed and i got an Email saying i am locked out for 1120 minutes.

I have created a new Email and also moved everything important to the new one with a much tighter and harder to crack password (19 digits with upper case and numbers)

Anyone else had this?

Intel Xeon E5640 4510mhz 1.10v-1.42v (offset) - C states on (◣_◢) 16GB 2x4 1x8 1296mhz CL7 (◣_◢) ASUS P6X58DE (◣_◢) Radeon R9 Fury Sapphire Nitro (◣_◢) 500GB HDD x2 1TB HDD x2 (RAID) Intel 480GB SSD (◣_◢) NZXT S340 (◣_◢) 130hz VS VX2268WM

I have this all the time with my gaming accounts, especially online ones.

I get it monthly for steam but I think it's just down to my username being similar to someone else.

I just ignore them for the most part.

Just now, ExplosiveSloths said:

I have this all the time with my gaming accounts, especially online ones.

I get it monthly for steam but I think it's just down to my username being similar to someone else.

I just ignore them for the most part.

My username and Email for that matter are not like anyone else's and when i get stuff like this it's usually someone who has managed to crack my username but not the password.

Had one try it with my Gmail before from India twice and Google let me know and even released the IP to me.

Intel Xeon E5640 4510mhz 1.10v-1.42v (offset) - C states on (◣_◢) 16GB 2x4 1x8 1296mhz CL7 (◣_◢) ASUS P6X58DE (◣_◢) Radeon R9 Fury Sapphire Nitro (◣_◢) 500GB HDD x2 1TB HDD x2 (RAID) Intel 480GB SSD (◣_◢) NZXT S340 (◣_◢) 130hz VS VX2268WM

1 minute ago, M300843499 said:

My username and Email for that matter are not like anyone else's and when i get stuff like this it's usually someone who has managed to crack my username but not the password.

Had one try it with my Gmail before from India twice and Google let me know and even released the IP to me.

That's strange.

I get it a lot as my username is based on a video game :l

Small edit: so they lock you out of your account as well or just the person trying to get in?

it seems like it'd be someone trolling it it locks everyone out.

2 minutes ago, ExplosiveSloths said:

That's strange.

I get it a lot as my username is based on a video game :l

Small edit: so they lock you out of your account as well or just the person trying to get in?

it seems like it'd be someone trolling it it locks everyone out.

Don't care, someone is trying passwords so i have changed everything linked to that Email address.

2 minutes ago, M300843499 said:

Don't care, someone is trying passwords so i have changed everything linked to that Email address.

Wasn;t saying it was a bad thing but yeah.

Email would probably be the best bet.

Seems like a stupid thing to do on epics part.

I got an email from Epic Games yesterday saying that my account had been temporarily blocked because of too many failed login attempts.

Matbe there’s a bigger “hack” attempt going on.

I personally dont care about my epic games account but I would be pretty frustrated if I couldn’t login because of this.

Desktop: Intel i9-10850K (R9 3900X died 😢 )| MSI Z490 Tomahawk | RTX 2080 (borrowed from work) - MSI GTX 1080 | 64GB 3600MHz CL16 memory | Corsair H100i (NF-F12 fans) | Samsung 970 EVO 512GB | Intel 665p 2TB | Samsung 830 256GB| 3TB HDD | Corsair 450D | Corsair RM550x | MG279Q

Laptop: Surface Pro 7 (i5, 16GB RAM, 256GB SSD)

Console: PlayStation 4 Pro

I'm also having this issue with my (unused) epic games account lately, to login they need my e-mail if I remember correctly and I contacted support about it already, but received no response so far.

Password also changed, but that isn't going to stop the mail coming to me again in a few days.

May the light have your back and your ISO low.

http://metro.co.uk/2018/03/13/fortnite-players-are-losing-so-much-money-after-hackers-target-epic-games-massive-fanbase-7383830/

Did someone say a hacking attempt as that is exactly what has been happening, but as long as you don't have any credit/debit card details saved on your epic games account, then you don't have anything much to worry about since these scumbags are only doing it to spend money that isn't theirs.