Building a network to keep up with a mobo

Daftlander

So, I've been taking a gander at the ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme 

https://www.asus.com/uk/Motherboards/ROG-RAMPAGE-VI-EXTREME/

One of it's many, many features is 10Gbps onboard LAN. Is there a home setup that can keep up with this board or is it time to start looking at network switches, before tumbling headfirst into the terrifying world of networking. 

Do you have anything else that supports and would benefit from 10g? Like a server, NAS etc?

If you have anything, a switch would most likely be enough, unless your ISP delivers more than gigabit to your house.

Netgear, Asus, Ubqiuiti amoung others, makes 10g prosumer switches.

the main question would be, what other devices will you have that are 10gbit capable, that you will be transferring data to and from.

also how much do you want to spend, 10gbit switches are not cheap, you would also require cat6 cables (ideally) between devices and the switches. 

What features on the board will you be making use of? thats a very expensive board , seems a bit of a waste of money unless it has alot of features you NEED ?

It's for a couple of my mates who are starting a stop motion production team. Because I built a computer for one of them I'm the tech guy that they know, I'm drastically under qualified but they've asked me to help out so I'm giving it a shot. 

I'm planning on using these as the basis for the two workstations, they're going to have two NUC's running the capture and motion control spaces and a server in the middle. A single take can be up to 10gigs of RAW files so I figured it was worth having a decent amount of network speed.