GPU Upgrade?

Kokano

Hi guys, 

I am currently using a Evga 970 GTX now. Thinking of playing FFXV  with my rig on high settings, which GPU should I upgrade to?

whats your cpu?

My Personal Computer

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 5 1600 3.2GHz (OC 3.8) 6-Core Processor

Cpu cooler DEEPCOOL Gamer Storm CAPTAIN 240EX WHITE 
Motherboard: MSI - B350 TOMAHAWK ARCTIC ATX AM4 Motherboard 
Memory: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000MHz RAM 8x3

Storage: SAMSUNG 850 PRO 2.5" 256GB SATA III

Storage:SAMSUNG 850 PRO 2.5" 500GB SATA III
Video Card: RTX 2060
Case: NZXT - S340 Elite (White) ATX Mid Tower Case 
Power Supply: EVGA 550 B3 550W

Peripherals

Monitor: Acer XF240H 24" TN Free-Sync ,144 Hz 

Keyboard: Corsair k95 RGB platinum

Mouse: Razer basilisk

Headset: Hyperx cloud alpha pro

4 minutes ago, Vernw3 said:

whats your cpu?

My CPU is an i7 4770k, with 32gb ram.

GTX 970 will suffice at high settings if you do not aim for 60FPS, i can see 30-50FPS being doable on the 970 though?

Intel Xeon E5640 4510mhz 1.10v-1.42v (offset) - C states on (◣_◢) 16GB 2x4 1x8 1296mhz CL7 (◣_◢) ASUS P6X58DE (◣_◢) Radeon R9 Fury Sapphire Nitro (◣_◢) 500GB HDD x2 1TB HDD x2 (RAID) Intel 480GB SSD (◣_◢) NZXT S340 (◣_◢) 130hz VS VX2268WM

Just now, VicciVicVic said:

You shouldn't be upgrading right now anyway; the prices are almost threefold the MSRP.

wow, didn't realised that. Only heard the gpu prices are dropping. 

2 minutes ago, Kokano said:

wow, didn't realised that. Only heard the gpu prices are dropping. 

They are slowly dropping, but they are still nowhere near being purchasable by mere mortals like us.

The only worthwhile upgrade would be at least an GTX 1070, which is indeed to expensive for the amount of performance gain.

i7-6850K, ASRock X99 Taichi, 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4 3000Mhz CL15, 2x EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3 SLI, some SSD's/HDD's, EVGA G2 1300W PSU,

quite a few Coldzero Parts ... all inside an Corsair Obsidian 900D - detailled information on my Profil

Thanks guys, appreciate the advice. Looks like I will stick with my 970 for now.

8 hours ago, Kokano said:

Hi guys, 

I am currently using a Evga 970 GTX now. Thinking of playing FFXV  with my rig on high settings, which GPU should I upgrade to?

If you have enough and want top of the line, Nvidia sent me an email stating that the 1080 and 1080 Ti are in stock on their official store starting tomorrow so check it out if you already had enough saved up, if not just have them notify you after it goes out of stock again so you might get it then. I recently upgraded from a 970 to the 1080 but the real bottleneck was my FX 6300 which I upgraded to the ryzen 7 1700, but honestly the 970 is a solid card. I only recommend buying from Nvidia at this moment, unless you see a preorder on Amazon which should have a "in stock on xx" estimate, I keep putting in requests at work for more cards so people don't conned for some used mining card. Best of luck, if anyone can hook me up with some reasonable ddr4 prices I appreciate.

36 minutes ago, zAaron said:

If you have enough and want top of the line, Nvidia sent me an email stating that the 1080 and 1080 Ti are in stock on their official store starting tomorrow so check it out if you already had enough saved up, if not just have them notify you after it goes out of stock again so you might get it then. I recently upgraded from a 970 to the 1080 but the real bottleneck was my FX 6300 which I upgraded to the ryzen 7 1700, but honestly the 970 is a solid card. I only recommend buying from Nvidia at this moment, unless you see a preorder on Amazon which should have a "in stock on xx" estimate, I keep putting in requests at work for more cards so people don't conned for some used mining card. Best of luck, if anyone can hook me up with some reasonable ddr4 prices I appreciate.

Thanks for the heads up! Yeah, for now I am still satisfied with the performance of my 970 .