Vacuum my PC

lynno1

i didnt know thay vacuum will cause pc to die and i just vacuum my pc just now and it wont turn on :( i see fan spinning and stopping. Lights blinking did it just die? Is there a way to revive it? 

Check that all cables to the motherboard are plugged in properly - you may have bumped something loose while cleaning.

Vacuuming can sometimes cause static electricity to build up on the board, so it is possible you have damaged or killed your motherboard. Is it giving a post code (either LED display or beep code)?

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

The lights blink tho idk if its a beep code as i have no idea what that is

the suction can kill a pc I'm pretty sure

watch this one pretty sure they explain it

Ex frequent user here, still check in here occasionally. I stopped being a weeb in 2018 lol

For a reply please quote or  @Eduard the weeb me :D

Xayah Main in Lol, trying to learn Drums and guitar. Know how to film do photography, can do basic video editing

6 minutes ago, DeluxeClaus said:

The lights blink tho idk if its a beep code as i have no idea what that is

Motherboards will often give error codes if they are unable to turn on. Newer motherboards use LED displays to show numbers, typically 2 numbers, that will correspond with an error code that will give more information about why the computer is unable to turn on. Older motherboard will use a small speaker that will give a series of beeps short and long, similar to morse, that will relate to certain errors.

If you're not hearing any beeping when you turn it on, try looking at your motherboard when you turn it on for a section with 2 flashing numbers.

It's possible that it may not be able to give any post codes if it is really damaged, but if it is able to give codes it may help us diagnose the issue for you. We will also need to know what brand and preferably also what model of motherboard you own. The brand and model will be written on the board.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

4 minutes ago, Eduard the weeb said:

the suction can kill a pc I'm pretty sure

its the static electricity generated that's the problem, not the suction itself

CPU: i7-8700K

Motherboard: ASUS Prime Z370-A

Memory: 32GB TridentZ RGB

GPU: Gigabyte GTX970 G1 Gaming
Storage: 256GB Samsung 850 Pro, 4TB WD Black, 1TB Seagate somethingorother

oh i see my motherboard giving led siginal i think because there is 4 logjts and the it move from the 1st light to the 2nd light back to the 1st light i think that is a signal

2 minutes ago, DeluxeClaus said:

oh i see my motherboard giving led siginal i think because there is 4 logjts and the it move from the 1st light to the 2nd light back to the 1st light i think that is a signal

What brand and model is the motherboard?
Different manufacturers and different boards can have different codes.

1 minute ago, Spotty said:

What brand and model is the motherboard?
Different manufacturers and different boards can have different codes.

Msi z270m

Depending on the nozzle and grounding, a vacuum cleaner can get charged with static electricity and discharge on a component. It's not that easy to kill components with ESD, though:

Spoiler

I'd make sure there's no displaced/unplugged cable or RAM stick first.

On 3/22/2018 at 9:51 PM, SpaceGhostC2C said:

Depending on the nozzle and grounding, a vacuum cleaner can get charged with static electricity and discharge on a component. It's not that easy to kill components with ESD, though:

Hide contents

I'd make sure there's no displaced/unplugged cable or RAM stick first.

OMG THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! I didnt put the ram back with force :)

11 hours ago, DeluxeClaus said:

OMG THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! I didnt put the ram back with force :) i rrally appreciate your help

Just a tip: Forget the vacuum. You can have a Dyson in your hands, and it won't do close to a good job  at cleaning what matters. You really need a can of compressed air, or those electronic blow (but they very loud, and cost a lot more. But they are safe for the environment, and unlimited air and continuous blowing air power). If you just do it once or twice per year type of thing, stick with the air can. Also much quieter. If you do it often, and many PCs, then PERHAPS those electric ones might be interesting, all depending on your budget. You can vacuum after, as you'll have dust all over your room now, and it will eventually go back in your PC if you do nothing. Beside all that dust in the air is not very good for you.