Bass heavy headphones ?

Nielxd

Hi there ! I am looking for a pair of headphones that are bass heavy and under 200-220$ I was personally thinking about the sony mdrxb950n1g since they are bluetooth/nfc with noise cancelling and the extra bass feature ? Any opinions on the headphones or sugestions ? Thanks!

Just now, Max_Settings said:

Do you have an Amp?

Unfortunately no , i had a cheap one but its dead now .

3 minutes ago, Nielxd said:

Unfortunately no , i had a cheap one but its dead now .

I'd probably go with DT770s or AKG K553s

1 minute ago, Max_Settings said:

I'd probably go with DT770s or AKG K553s

And what about those sone 950n1g? Would they even have to be an option for me /are they worth the price?

V-moda crossfade lp2 I guess, don't have any personal experience with any v-moda products but they're supposed to be pretty bass heavy and looks pretty portable to me. I use a pair of ATH m50x and I think they've got plenty of bass, with good sound quality and quite flexible in terms of music types. Both of these are sub 200 USD headphones, the V-modas are also available in a wireless model for less than 200 USD if that is a big deal to you.

10 minutes ago, Sack said:

V-moda crossfade lp2 I guess, don't have any personal experience with any v-moda products but they're supposed to be pretty bass heavy and looks pretty portable to me. I use a pair of ATH m50x and I think they've got plenty of bass, with good sound quality and quite flexible in terms of music types. Both of these are sub 200 USD headphones, the V-modas are also available in a wireless model for less than 200 USD if that is a big deal to you.

It's not a game changer , it's just convenience thats why i was thinking about those sony headphones in the first place but to be honest noone can confirm yet if the heaphones are worth their price 

Just now, Nielxd said:

It's not a game changer , it's just convenience thats why i was thinking about those sony headphones in the first place but to be honest noone cand confirm yet if the heaphones are worth their price 

Also i heard the m50xs are great headphones , are you happy with them ? Or if you'd have the money(same amount paid for those ofc) you'd choose something else over them ?

3 minutes ago, Nielxd said:

Also i heard the m50xs are great headphones , are you happy with them ? Or if you'd have the money(same amount paid for those ofc) you'd choose something else over them ?

I'm very happy with them, I rotate between 2 headphones and a headset, the M50Xs are definitely the most flexible, I use them for my computer with a small amp because I have one, use them with my phone if I'm doing some hoovering or washing, use them on the buss while traveling etc. I think they isolate pretty well too, I had a roommate open my door and walk in while asking if I was home while I was playing doom with these headphones on, did not hear her at all. I've used them on the buss, and I feel like I'm mostly in my own little bubble, don't bother other passengers and they don't bother me that much. I listen to all kinds of music, a lot of electronic, vapour-wave and stuff like that, but I've used them for classical and metal as well, my favourite track to compare headphones is actually a track by Testament in FLAC. They feel quite solid, I got 3 different cables with it ( 2 long of which one is coiled like in the old days, and one short one for stuff in your pocket), basically if I leave my home and travel somewhere else they're always in my bag. A small con though is that the pads don't breathe, your ears will get hot if you have them on for hours and hours, I notice this if I lose myself in a game for too long.

24 minutes ago, Sack said:

I'm very happy with them, I rotate between 2 headphones and a headset, the M50Xs are definitely the most flexible, I use them for my computer with a small amp because I have one, use them with my phone if I'm doing some hoovering or washing, use them on the buss while traveling etc. I think they isolate pretty well too, I had a roommate open my door and walk in while asking if I was home while I was playing doom with these headphones on, did not hear her at all. I've used them on the buss, and I feel like I'm mostly in my own little bubble, don't bother other passengers and they don't bother me that much. I listen to all kinds of music, a lot of electronic, vapour-wave and stuff like that, but I've used them for classical and metal as well, my favourite track to compare headphones is actually a track by Testament in FLAC. They feel quite solid, I got 3 different cables with it ( 2 long of which one is coiled like in the old days, and one short one for stuff in your pocket), basically if I leave my home and travel somewhere else they're always in my bag. A small con though is that the pads don't breathe, your ears will get hot if you have them on for hours and hours, I notice this if I lose myself in a game for too long.

Alright well i think i'll have to choose between the m50x and the dt770s ,thank you for taking the time (presenting pretty much) the headphones ! :)

23 minutes ago, Nielxd said:

Alright well i think i'll have to choose between the m50x and the dt770s ,thank you for taking the time (presenting pretty much) the headphones ! :)

55 minutes ago, Sack said:

Before you consider the M50Xs, I reccomend looking through this.

https://linustechtips.com/main/profile/510750-legendarypoet/?status=192028&type=status

12 hours ago, Nielxd said:

12 hours ago, Max_Settings said:

Before you consider the M50Xs, I reccomend looking through this.

https://linustechtips.com/main/profile/510750-legendarypoet/?status=192028&type=status

There are people on this forum with a serious hate boner for this headphone, I'm sure there are better headphones for the price, it just so happens that I have these and I'm pretty happy with them which is why I can talk about them, and why I can recommend them. What this guy says about tinnitus and ears hurting when people touch instruments is plain false, I'm guessing he's over-exaggerating for comic effect. My basis for being able to say that is my perfect hearing that gets checked every single year.