New printer

SmilesRising

Hello!

My printer just broke and im looking for a new one and i don't know what to look for. Should i go for a laser printer? what's good?

Watches and computers                    

1 minute ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

I have an HP OfficeJet of some kind that I like.

does it have wifi or is it just usb connection?

Watches and computers                    

It's going to depend on your needs.

I am a photographer and used to use large format inkjet, and a monochrome laser for documents, but the inkjet hasn't seen use in so long (everyone posts their pics online, rather than printing them out anymore) it wasn't worth it to get new ink when the old one dried out.

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

Just now, Radium_Angel said:

It's going to depend on your needs.

I am a photographer and used to use large format inkjet, and a monochrome laser for documents, but the inkjet hasn't seen use in so long (everyone posts their pics online, rather than printing them out anymore) it wasn't worth it to get new ink when the old one dried out.

i need a printer for my essays and other school projects and from what i could gather from a techquickie video, a laser printer is the way to go? do i just pick the cheapest one that has wifi or is there other things that i need to consider?

Watches and computers                    

Monochrome laser is def. the way to go. Skip the All in one solutions if you want something to last.

Cart cost is something to consider, before you buy the printer, look into the cost for new toner carts...

I have an old HP, works great with wifi, but I do not like HPs as of late, they are poorly built and long term quality is highly suspect. I'd look into a samsung if you can find one, or epson

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me.