Time to upgrade my 4 year old PC?

Phuuz

I would like to have some suggestions based on how to upgrade this system as it's still doing fine but I'm doubting it will be in the upcoming 6 months when I'm starting a new study.

Main reasons are that I wanna switch are; SATA III and USB 3.0 for my external hard drives which means also faster SSD speeds, be more future proof in terms of CPU performance and have faster rendering times.

My primarly things will be gaming, video-editing (1080p) and some concept design rendering. Ofcourse I'm planning to overclock the hell out of it!

My budget would be around 600~700€ (900$) for the CPU / Motherboard / RAM / Case / PSU

[My system at the moment]

Processor: Phenom II 720 BE (Unlocked Quad) - 3.6~3.7 Ghz - 1.5v

CPU Cooler: Scythe Mugen 2

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-MA790XT-UD4P

RAM: 2x 2GB OCZ Platinum AMD Edition - 1333 Mhz - 1.7v - 7 - 7 - 7 - 20

GPU: Sapphire 7870 XT @ 1200 / 1600

HDD: Samsung 830 128 GB & Western Digital Black Caviar 640 GB

PSU: Coolermaster Realpower M520

Case: Antec Nine Hundred Two

Monitor: Samsung Syncmaster 2253BW

[New PC]

Processor: Intel Core i5 3570K

CPU Cooler: AIO Cooling?

Motherboard: Asrock Z77 Extreme4

RAM: 2x or 4x? 4GB Corsair Vengeance - 1600 Mhz

GPU: Sapphire 7870 XT @ 1200 / 1600

HDD: Samsung 830 128 GB (OS & Games) & 2x Seagate 2TB's (Work & Study)

PSU: ???

Case: Fractal Design R4 / Corsair 500R - 600T - 550D

- I'm still doubting on the CPU side either an 3570K or an 3770K, because I'm planning on editing videos and rendering for my study (and remuxing blu-ray rips to .MKV for my mediaplayer). Or even wait for Haswell and check those prices out?

- As my PSU is almost 4 years old now and it's a multiple rail design (3x19A - 408W total) and only 80 PLUS and that's slowly degrading I would like to have a PSU which is also semi or fully-modular with actually decent sleeved cables; i.e Corsair HX / AX series.

- I want a new case aswell as I hate this one at the moment, It's too loud, the cable-management is horrible, no removable HDD cages for more air-flow (No SSD mountaing bracket) and has no room for future watercooling options.

- Gaming seems fine at the moment, I can play everything on Ultra (BF3, Most Wanted etc.) on 1680x1050, but I'm eager to plan to go to 1920x1200 next year. So GPU seems fine till mid-late 2014.

Still many doubts on parts, so would be appreciated if you could help me with it

Thanks!

3770k is defiantly something for video editing, it helps for the extra threaded cores! Yes go for the ax series something around 700w not unless you will be going CrossfireX then 800+w. look around at some cases you like and you'll find one, maybe the 500r ? h100i or h110. Ram - 4x4GB for video rendering is a must! you will always have it in use. or get 2x8GB so you can later upgrade to 32GB if you like. hope this helped :D