Improving thermals?

Rasmuff
Go to solution Solved by 1234vietnam,
Just now, Rasmuff said:

Would that Thermal Grizzly also be good for the GPU?

yes

Just now, Rasmuff said:

Top mounted radiator. Got the NF-12's pushing out through the radiator.

you may get slightly better CPU temps with the radiator at the front as an intake

I know the biggest standard for keeping PC thermals down is dusting and keeping the inside of your computer clean. I do that on a fairly regular basis.

But what are some other maintenance things that I can do to keep temps low and performance normal?

I'm not experiencing any problem but I'm going to do a deep dust cleaning of my PC within the next week and while I have it down I might as well go the extra mile and put some effort into it.

PC Specs are as follows:

My Desktop: | CPU Intel i7-4770K | Motherboard Asus Maximus VI Hero | RAM G.Skill TridentX 2400Mhz 32GB | GPU MSI 780 Lightning | Case Fractal Design Define R4 | Storage 1 X Samsung 850 Evo 1TB | PSU Corsair RM1000 | Cooling Corsair H100i Operating System  Windows 10 | 

I plan to replace the CPU thermal compound as well unless there is something relatively easy to and good to replace the compound with.

Airflow in my case is great. I've got 2 Noctua NF-12's on the H100i and 2 fractal case fans in front pushing in and 1 in the back pushing out in Fractal Define R4.

Everything is going to get dusted really well but what else can I do that people don't think of or do normally?

Also, what thermal compound is the best one on the market? 

Thanks for the info!

i7-4770k | Asus Maximus VI Hero | Corsair H100i | 1080ti  | G.Skill TridentX 32GB 2400Mhz | Samsung EVO 1TB SSD | Corsair RM1000i | Fractal Design Define R4 | LG 27GL83A

1 minute ago, Prqnk3d said:

h100i should be totally fine. 

best thermal compound: 

https://www.amazon.com/Thermal-Grizzly-Kryonaut-Grease-Paste/dp/B011F7W3LU

Yeah, no worries about the parts them selves. Just lookin for extra tips to keep things cool. Other than dusting and changing CPU compound what could I do?

i7-4770k | Asus Maximus VI Hero | Corsair H100i | 1080ti  | G.Skill TridentX 32GB 2400Mhz | Samsung EVO 1TB SSD | Corsair RM1000i | Fractal Design Define R4 | LG 27GL83A

1 minute ago, Rasmuff said:

Yeah, no worries about the parts them selves. Just lookin for extra tips to keep things cool. Other than dusting and changing CPU compound what could I do?

you could put new paste on the GPU aswell. also where is your radiator placed?

Just now, Prqnk3d said:

you could put new paste on the GPU aswell. also where is your radiator placed?

Just now, Rasmuff said:

yes

Just now, Rasmuff said:

you may get slightly better CPU temps with the radiator at the front as an intake