Ebay Free shipping?

hardtofindinthefuture
On 16/03/2018 at 1:48 AM, Name Taken said:

From my experience, free shipping is usually available for small items that can be labeled as a "gift" then get shipped from China via boat that can take months. Items I've ordered with free shipping have taken 2-3 months to arrive so now I actually prefer to pay for shipping to receive them in a reasonable amount of time via air.

I have found those Chinese sellers are way too expensive for postage. By that point I am better off buying the same identical thing from an Australia seller who might charge 2/3 that price & offer free postage. It's so silly. Like I bought a power switch for my PC on eBay a while back, for $1 free shipping from China, if I wanted it to arrive faster it was like $20 postage, or I could buy it in Australia for $12 with free postage. I didn't care for the 3 week wait so $1 it was.

On 16/03/2018 at 1:41 AM, RKRiley said:

That price is set by the seller of the item, so no.

Depends. Some sellers tell eBay when listing the size, the weight & how they want it shipped & then eBay calculates a shipping price based on the buyers location. Others set a flat fee which may be more or may be less than the actual cost of postage or just set it to free postage. I usually do the latter two because I found people prefer either a flat fee or free. I have had way more success with my sales that way than letting eBay calculate the postage.

Case: Ncase M1 V5 Black CPU: Intel Core i5 12600 MB: AORUS Z690i RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX DDR4 SSD: WD SN770 500GB | WD SN750 250GB

Cooler: Noctua NH-L9x65 GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra 8GB PSU: Corsair SF600 80+ Platinum Fans: Noctua NF-F12x 2 | Noctua NF-A9x14