Tube not properly attached to fittings

In my loop there is one section which is incredibly tight. I attached a soft tube to my compression fittings, but it was a tiny bit too short, were talking like 4mm too short.

So to solve the problem, I simply pulled the tube back in the fittings so that the tube did not quite reach the bottom of the compression fitting. There is like a 2mm gap in each one. 

My loop is now done, but after finishing I remembered this and just wanted to check whether it would be a problem. 

Please tell me if this has any realistic probability of of causing a leak. I will take the risk if it is like 1-2%, but if it is like 30% or more I will redo it. 

I just want to check, because personally I didn't really consider it a risk at all as the barb is what makes it watertight and the compression fitting keeps it in place, so it should not cause a leak by my reasoning. 

Doesn't need to reach the bottom of the fitting. Even half is more then enough.

Main RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 9900k, ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero, G.Skill Ripjaws 3600 32GB, 3090FE, EVGA 1000G5, Acer Nitro XZ3 2560 x 1440@240hz 

Spare RIg Lian Li O11 AIR MINI, I7 4790K, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, G.Skill Ares 2400 32Gb, EVGA 1080ti, 1080sc 1070sc & 1060 SSC, EVGA 850GA, Acer KG251Q 1920x1080@240hz

2 hours ago, Sn1gel_ said:

-SNIP-

As long as it's far down enough and the compression ring is holding it should be fine, though it's not ideal it should always fully seat down to the bottom of the barb portion.