Mining still worth it ?

Is it still worth making a dedicated mining rig ? 

Not really, you get about 50 usd a month from a single 1070. But if you think that the crypto price will skyrocket once again it might be worth it.

Maybe, maybe not. Depends on how much risk you're willing to take and what you think the market will do over the next several months.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

Making one from scratch right now is a risk, given recent falls in value and high GPU pricing. Can you make a profit for now? Yes. Is the payback period worth it? That's up to the individual.

If you have the stuff already go for it.

Gaming system: R7 7800X3D, Asus ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming Wifi, Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 SE ARGB, Corsair Vengeance 2x 32GB 6000C30, RTX 4070, MSI MPG A850G, Fractal Design North, Samsung 990 Pro 2TB, Acer Predator XB241YU 24" 1440p 144Hz G-Sync + HP LP2475w 24" 1200p 60Hz wide gamut
Productivity system: i9-7980XE, Asus X299 TUF mark 2, Noctua D15, 64GB ram (mixed), RTX 3070, NZXT E850, GameMax Abyss, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB, random 1080p + 720p displays.
Gaming laptop: Lenovo Legion 5, 5800H, RTX 3070, Kingston DDR4 3200C22 2x16GB 2Rx8, Kingston Fury Renegade 1TB + Crucial P1 1TB SSD, 165 Hz IPS 1080p G-Sync Compatible

If you like making money right away, then No.
If you like collecting crypto coins long term, then yes.

I sold all my mining equipment a week ago. I'm getting out while the cards still sell at a profit.

I'm tired of the roller coaster on the bitcoin price. As  far as how much I made, it steady declined the entire time.

I only mined a couple months, but Im with Steve Wozniak. It's just another worry that you don't need.  Hacks, bad news articles, difficulty increases, declining profits. It's always something.

Intel 5930k/ asus x99 deluxe II/ 32gb crucial ballistix ram/ Evga 1080 ti SC2/ enermax air cooler/ enthoo luxe case

the problem is you actually watch prices.... and you shouldnt. See you started mining during the 2017 boom which was a great time to mine, was the dumbest time to mine as none of it is 'realistic'. I'm actually quite please alot of people are selling rigs/hardware. It makes it so some of us other miners can add on stuff, and well will help with difficulty the more people that pack it in. 

Mining is still profitable for sure, and will continue to be profitable for quite some time. But i would not go out and build/buy a new rig right now with current market prices unless you were in it to HODL the investment and know/understand the risks involved. 

On 3/16/2018 at 10:31 PM, Mk7-Golf-R said:

I sold all my mining equipment a week ago. I'm getting out while the cards still sell at a profit.

I'm tired of the roller coaster on the bitcoin price. As  far as how much I made, it steady declined the entire time.

I only mined a couple months, but Im with Steve Wozniak. It's just another worry that you don't need.  Hacks, bad news articles, difficulty increases, declining profits. It's always something.

Yep, if you cant handle that, definitely stay out of the game.
I would stay away if you want to make mining as an income, but I would do it if you like it as a hobby

19 hours ago, Cypher-Jackson said:

Yep, if you cant handle that, definitely stay out of the game.
I would stay away if you want to make mining as an income, but I would do it if you like it as a hobby

I like to build the rigs more than anything. But difficulty is increasing so fast, it will probably be at break even only before the end of the year. 

Id guess over 90% of cards sold right now are going into mining. 

Intel 5930k/ asus x99 deluxe II/ 32gb crucial ballistix ram/ Evga 1080 ti SC2/ enermax air cooler/ enthoo luxe case

3 hours ago, Mk7-Golf-R said:

Id guess over 90% of cards sold right now are going into mining. 

Your guess is quite far off, if AMD is telling the truth. They claim that about "mid-single digits" of revenue is coming from blockchain. You might recall the release of the 10 series, and how everything was so expensive from the start because of the demand. This was before the mining boom. You have to remember just how many chips they send out to datacenters, consoles, prebuilt makers, laptops, etc. Not to mention the enormous amount of gamers there are out there, which makes miners look like a tiny fraction.
For Nvidia, the datacenter and research portion is absolutely monstrous too
Also, heres a source where Lisa Su explains it,
https://www.cnbc.com/video/2017/11/30/advanced-micro-devices-ceo-lisa-su.html?source=indiekings.com