New First Build and a Steep Learning Curve

Thank you in advance for any insight or help and my apologies for anything I've missed or done wrong. This is my first post in any forum in who knows how long and my first venture into building or even owning a PC that wasn't owned by my parents (I've owned a macbook for the past 10 years). Anyway, to my question!

I want to build a PC with the goal of using it for VR gaming and likely some regular/normal(?) gaming too. I'm still debating whether to go with Oculus Rift or HTC Vive and might hold off on purchasing the VR component until details about the VivePro come out. I definitely want to build as I enjoy that sort of thing even if it may be more practical to get a prebuilt given the current market and inflated costs of some components. 

Below are all the components that I've been looking at purchasing and am wondering if anything stands out as being a bad idea, impractical, too weak/skimpy or too powerful, or a poor quality/brand that won't last. If there is something that is a way better bang for your buck too I'd very much appreciate you being so kind to let me know. As I said I wanted it for VR but don't have anything picked out for a monitor. With it being in my living room I probably wont have a monitor and will have it hooked up to my TV via HDMI and maybe thinking about the VIZIO P65 which was featured on LTT a few weeks ago. 

Prices are all in CAD. For budget the lower I'd obviously prefer but would like to keep it no more than it is now but would consider more if it is worth my while. I like the idea of water cooling but I don't plan on overclocking, at least to begin with, so might go with air cooling to hopefully save a bit of cash and it seems a little more practical. 

Link to PCPartPicker but as far a prices go I've had trouble finding them at what they have listed so the below is what I've found and can get them for.

https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/HzhgLJ 

CPU:                   AMD - Ryzen 5 1600 3.2GHz 6-Core Processor    ($239.99)
CPU Cooler:       Corsair - H100i v2 70.7 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler    ($127.99)
Motherboard:     Asus - CROSSHAIR VI HERO ATX AM4 Motherboard    ($299.99)
Memory:             Corsair - Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3000     ($255.99)
Storage:             Samsung - 960 EVO 250GB M.2-2280 SSD    ($169.99)
                           Seagate - Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM IHD    ($76.49)
Video Card:        Gigabyte - GeForce GTX 1080 8GB G1         ($1,099.99)
Case:                  NZXT - S340 Elite (White) ATX Mid Tower Case    ($129.99)
Power Supply:    EVGA - SuperNOVA G3 750W 80+ Gold Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply ($169.99)

Sub Total:    $2,570.41
                Shipping:    $18.58
                GST:    $128.52
                PST:    $105.86
                Total:    $2,823.37

Many thanks for taking the time to read through and an even bigger thanks for any advice you might have! 

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K 3.7GHz 6-Core Processor  ($459.50 @ Vuugo) 
CPU Cooler: Corsair - H100i v2 70.7 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  ($127.99 @ Amazon Canada) 
Motherboard: Asus - Prime Z370-A ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($197.95 @ Vuugo) 
Memory: G.Skill - Ripjaws V Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  ($209.99 @ Newegg Canada) 
Storage: Crucial - MX500 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($99.25 @ shopRBC) 
Storage: Seagate - Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($73.25 @ Vuugo) 
Video Card: Gigabyte - GeForce GTX 1080 8GB WINDFORCE OC 8G Video Card  ($849.99 @ Memory Express) 
Case: Phanteks - ECLIPSE P400S TEMPERED GLASS ATX Mid Tower Case  ($99.99 @ Newegg Canada) 
Power Supply: SeaSonic - FOCUS Gold 750W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($119.99 @ Newegg Canada) 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Home OEM 64-bit  ($113.95 @ Vuugo) 
Total: $2351.85
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-03-10 20:30 EST-0500

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

Prqnk3d and herman mcpootis thank you! Both gave me some awesome points about some things i certainly overlooked and didnt think about. Very much appreciate it, many thanks again.