Bottleneck help!

I just ordered a Ryzen 5 1400 with gtx 1060 6 gb, and I'm worried that my CPU will bottleneck because of the GPU and other pc parts. My other specs are 256 GB SSD, 1 TB HDD, 8 GB of RAM, AMD B350 Motherboard, and 500 Watt power supply. PLEASE HELP!!! IS MY CPU ENOUGH?

i mean yes and no. depends on the games. but if you overclock it to around 3.8 it shouldn't bottleneck more than even a 1700 at the same speed. when talking about game performance

Primary System

• CPU
    Ryzen R6 5700X
  • Motherboard
    MSI B350M mortar arctic
  • RAM
    32GB Corsair RGB 3600MT/s CAS18
  • GPU
    Zotac RTX 3070 OC
  • Case
    kind of a mess
  • Storage
    WD black NVMe SSD 500GB & 1TB samsung Sata ssd & x 1TB WD blue & x 3TB Seagate
  • PSU
    corsair RM750X white
  • Display(s)
    1440p 21:9 100Hz

That is literally the same setup I have; same CPU, GPU, PSU and, even storage etc. and it has been working silky smooth for the past year. You'll be fine with the current setup. However, if you decided to upgrade to a stronger GPU, say the GeForce GTX 1070, then you'll need to upgrade your power supply as well. But other than that, your current setup is as good as any setup can be. With my setup (which is pretty much the same as your one), I am able to play PUBG at high settings, CSGO at ultra settings, DOTA 2 at high settings, and many other games; the setup is very capable, so you shouldn't worry.

My build
Case: Corsair Air 240
Motherboard: ASRock AB350M PRO4
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1400
GPU: Zotac GeForce GTX 1060 6GB AMP! Edition
RAM: 8GB HyperX Fury (2x 4GB) 2133 Mhz
PSU: Cooler Master MasterWatt Lite 500W
SSD: Sandisk 240GB & Intel 545s 256GB 
HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB

Hope I helped!

Kind Regards,

Coffee [Cappucinno]

6 minutes ago, OttoHD said:

I just ordered a Ryzen 5 1400 with gtx 1060 6 gb, and I'm worried that my CPU will bottleneck because of the GPU and other pc parts. My other specs are 256 GB SSD, 1 TB HDD, 8 GB of RAM, AMD B350 Motherboard, and 500 Watt power supply. PLEASE HELP!!! IS MY CPU ENOUGH?

CPUs bottleneck Refresh rate/max fps

GPUs bottleneck resolution/quality settings

If you want to know how Ryzen scales here ya go.

1 minute ago, Coffee [Cappuccino] said:

Unless he's doing some heavy overclocking on his CPU and 1070 he's fine with a 500W, though his upgrade would likely be to a GTX 2070 or Vega refresh assuming we ever get normal pricing.

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

Thank you all so much honestly. Now I feel 10x more comfortable with my build!

36 minutes ago, OttoHD said:

Thank you all so much honestly. Now I feel 10x more comfortable with my build!

you shouldn't worry about bottlenecking anytime soon. if you want to push z 144hz monitor, then you might want to upgrade your cpu. but if you want a higher resolution (4k for example) then you will be looking at a gpu upgrade.

That cpu will probably last you the next 5 years, but 3000-4000 series Ryzen cpus will probably be a solid upgrade two or 3 years in the future.