Adata XPG spectrix 3000mhz and Ryzen 1700

I am gonna build a PC with Ryzen 7 1700 with Asus Strix B350-F Gaming MOBO along with Adata XPG Spectrix D40 3000mhz. I don't know much about ram frequency so I was wondering about compatibility issues. I've heard that there are some issues with Ryzen and its ram speeds so will these components go together well?

welcome to the Linus Tech Tips forums!

i don't see any adata DRS in the QVL. so a bit of caution about making them 3000MHz. prolly best to contact ASUS for more compatibility. seems the support is for the DRZ modules, but not the DRS (what you are looking at) may be using the same PCB/FLASH.

As far as I can see, these RAM sticks should work just fine. Just Picked up the ADATA Gammix 10 16GB 3000MHz kit for my Ryzen 1600X build. I went with it based on 90% of reviews saying it works on their Ryzen System.

When I get the RAM in the mail I will fire it up and let you know :)

PS. Most Ryzen systems dont do 3000 MHz. We will probably have to under clock to 2933 or over clock to 3200. That should be fine though. With the new BIOS updates, faster RAM speeds are now possible on most AM4 boards.

Top-Tier Air-Cooled Gaming PC

Current Build Thread:

10 hours ago, airdeano said:

welcome to the Linus Tech Tips forums!

i don't see any adata DRS in the QVL. so a bit of caution about making them 3000MHz. prolly best to contact ASUS for more compatibility. seems the support is for the DRZ modules, but not the DRS (what you are looking at) may be using the same PCB/FLASH.

I don't know much about this but the ram i looked at was labelled with this "XPG SPECTRIX D40 AX4U300038G16-SRS". So according to what i have seen DRZ, DRS, SRS and QRS are all supposed have something to do with the ram and mobo

6 hours ago, WallacEngineering said:

As far as I can see, these RAM sticks should work just fine. Just Picked up the ADATA Gammix 10 16GB 3000MHz kit for my Ryzen 1600X build. I went with it based on 90% of reviews saying it works on their Ryzen System.

When I get the RAM in the mail I will fire it up and let you know :)

PS. Most Ryzen systems dont do 3000 MHz. We will probably have to under clock to 2933 or over clock to 3200. That should be fine though. With the new BIOS updates, faster RAM speeds are now possible on most AM4 boards.

so it should be pretty much plug and play?

1 minute ago, Smile Along said:

so it should be pretty much plug and play?

Pretty much. The BIOS kinks have been worked out for the most part. I would hold off on your purchase though. Im literally expecting the system to be completed by this time next week.

Current Build Thread:

6 minutes ago, WallacEngineering said:

Pretty much. The BIOS kinks have been worked out for the most part. I would hold off on your purchase though. Im literally expecting the system to be completed by this time next week.

okay sure NP....i was planning to buy it the coming week

5 minutes ago, Smile Along said:

okay sure NP....i was planning to buy it the coming week

Sounds just about perfect. The final component coming in according to tracking is expected to arrive by Wed the 14th. That would be the RAM + my new Samsung 960 EVO 256GB NVME boot drive.

Just bear in mind that I picked up the Gigabyte AB350-Gaming 3 Mobo. RAM support shouldn't be any different as Asus and Gigabyte are both pretty good about releasing BIOS updates but there are no guarantees here.

Current Build Thread:

So my XPG Gammix RAM has been slightly delayed but it should be here tomorrow according to FedEx so hang in there and Ill get back to you as soon as I have tested the rig.

Current Build Thread:

On 3/9/2018 at 7:53 PM, Smile Along said:

I am gonna build a PC with Ryzen 7 1700 with Asus Strix B350-F Gaming MOBO along with Adata XPG Spectrix D40 3000mhz. I don't know much about ram frequency so I was wondering about compatibility issues. I've heard that there are some issues with Ryzen and its ram speeds so will these components go together well?

Got the XPG Gammix RAM and it boots! Dont know about OC capability yet that was just a test bench fire but you should be good with that RAM!

Current Build Thread:

On 3/15/2018 at 10:07 PM, WallacEngineering said:

Got the XPG Gammix RAM and it boots! Dont know about OC capability yet that was just a test bench fire but you should be good with that RAM!

oh great but sadly its now out stock here....lol

2 hours ago, Smile Along said:

oh great but sadly its now out stock here....lol

Ah bummer lol. But I do now have the system OC'd and 3200MHz on the RAM was a breeze with factory 1.35v and factory timing settings.

Never even tried any other settings. I put in those numbers and was instantly OC'd and stable through multiple hours of stress testing.

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/17646-ltt-forums-cpu-overclocking-database/?page=29&tab=comments#comment-11148589

Current Build Thread: