Problems installing win7

Smooky97

So, im trying to fresh install windows 7 on a new pc (msi b350m motherboard) via USB but it continues to block me during the installation due to missing appropriate USB drivers... I tryed with 2 different iso files, different usb sticks and different programs to prepare the sticks. I even tryed to manually add some more recent usb drivers to the stick but nothing seems to cahnge (both with 2.0 and 3.0 ports). I managed to install win10 so i have access to the hdd and all the other stuff, any suggestion?

IMG_3656.JPG

Y I know 10 is definitely better but it just triggers me, can't deal with that OS... Ty btw I'll try your solution and let u know

2 minutes ago, Smooky97 said:

Y I know 10 is definitely better but it just triggers me, can't deal with that OS... Ty btw I'll try your solution and let u know

You haven't answered my question. From the looks of it you have a NVMe drive and Win7 is missing the drivers for it.

5 minutes ago, lefthandsword said:

Are you using a NVMe SSD?

Yes i have

Normally this happens when the windows installer can't detect the storage device you want to install on. If using an NVMe drive or a raid controller for instance.

What drive are you trying to install on?

8 minutes ago, Smooky97 said:

So, im trying to fresh install windows 7 on a new pc (msi b350m motherboard) via USB but it continues to block me during the installation due to missing appropriate USB drivers... I tryed with 2 different iso files, different usb sticks and different programs to prepare the sticks. I even tryed to manually add some more recent usb drivers to the stick but nothing seems to cahnge (both with 2.0 and 3.0 ports). I managed to install win10 so i have access to the hdd and all the other stuff, any suggestion?

IMG_3656.JPG

If you're using Ryzen, i'd highly recommend using Win10 :/

Just tag @ChatDaw so I can answer as fast as possible.

2 minutes ago, Doomed83 said:

Normally this happens when the windows installer can't detect the storage device you want to install on. If using an NVMe drive or a raid controller for instance.

What drive are you trying to install on?

Just a standard ssd

Just now, Smooky97 said:

Just a standard ssd

If you are using a SATA SSD check that your SATA mode set to AHCI in the bios.

What processor do you have?

Main System: Phobos

AMD Ryzen 7 2700 (8C/16T), ASRock B450 Steel Legend, 16GB G.SKILL Aegis DDR4 3000MHz, AMD Radeon RX 570 4GB (XFX), 960GB Crucial M500, 2TB Seagate BarraCuda, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations/macOS Catalina

Secondary System: York

Intel Core i7-2600 (4C/8T), ASUS P8Z68-V/GEN3, 16GB GEIL Enhance Corsa DDR3 1600MHz, Zotac GeForce GTX 550 Ti 1GB, 240GB ADATA Ultimate SU650, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations

Older File Server: Yet to be named

Intel Pentium 4 HT (1C/2T), Intel D865GBF, 3GB DDR 400MHz, ATI Radeon HD 4650 1GB (HIS), 80GB WD Caviar, 320GB Hitachi Deskstar, Windows XP Pro SP3, Windows Server 2003 R2

2 minutes ago, Doomed83 said:

If you are using a SATA SSD check that your SATA mode set to AHCI in the bios.

It is, i forgot to mention that every usb device i try to connect doesnt work (mouse/keyboard/sticks)

2 minutes ago, Jamiec1130 said:

What processor do you have?

Ryzen 3

Note below from motherboard manual:

(Note: Due to chipset limitation, during the Windows® 7 installation process, USB
optical drives and USB pen drives are not supported. You can use MSI Smart Tool
to install Windows® 7.)

1 minute ago, Doomed83 said:

Note below from motherboard manual:

(Note: Due to chipset limitation, during the Windows® 7 installation process, USB
optical drives and USB pen drives are not supported. You can use MSI Smart Tool
to install Windows® 7.)

What is the msi smart tool? Sorry if i annoy u so much but im actually lost.

1 minute ago, Smooky97 said:

So i basically create the pendrive with the msi tool instead of the others programs i've been using and then i proceed like i was doing before on the new pc?

Yup, but don't expect stellar results. You've got a lot more headache in front of you, regarding drivers and updates.

Good luck though.

4 minutes ago, Doomed83 said:

Yup, but don't expect stellar results. You've got a lot more headache in front of you, regarding drivers and updates.

Good luck though.

You mean in windows or before i manage to install it? Cause once I'm in I'm a little bit more comfortable troubleshooting and fixing things.