How to pc share

Go to solution Solved by Theguywhobea,

Did you even look to see if Linus didn't already have a video documenting how to do this exactly.

I have a pc with 2 graphics cards. I was wondering if there was a way to set each monitor to use 2 separate mouse and keyboard inputs. The processor is able to handle 2 games at once I know for sure. 

Did you even look to see if Linus didn't already have a video documenting how to do this exactly.

Desktop: i9 11900k, 32GB DDR4, 4060 Ti 8GB 🙂

Just now, Electronics Wizardy said:

What hardware?

Normally not easily. You can use windows multipoint but you need windows server.

Hardware 

GTX 1080 founders edition

Amd Radeon rx 570 4gb edition.

I7 7700k 4.2 ghz. 

B250 motherboard.

3 minutes ago, Theguywhobea said:

Actually that's one I didn't see. Thanks. 

Just now, Stormyskyes said:

Hardware 

GTX 1080 founders edition

Amd Radeon rx 570 4gb edition.

I7 7700k 4.2 ghz. 

B250 motherboard.

You best way to share is to just get a second pc, get something like a 150 dollar optiplex and put the gpu in there. You can do gpu passthrough, but its a pain and you need a good amount of linux experience and it will delete all data on the boot drive.

1 minute ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

You best way to share is to just get a second pc, get something like a 150 dollar optiplex and put the gpu in there. You can do gpu passthrough, but its a pain and you need a good amount of linux experience and it will delete all data on the boot drive.

Yea it would be easier to get a second pc but this is a side project just to see how my pc runs with two separate enviromets on it. 

Just now, Stormyskyes said:

Yea it would be easier to get a second pc but this is a side project just to see how my pc runs with two separate enviromets on it. 

Do you have anouther drive to mess with? You can't do this in windows 10.

Either install windows server and multipoint(and you can share the gpu here aswell).

Or put linux on it and set up passthrough and vms.

Yea. The drive isn't a problem. I can get a win server key for about $20 and plenty of drivrs to store it to. 

1 hour ago, Stormyskyes said:

Yea. The drive isn't a problem. I can get a win server key for about $20 and plenty of drivrs to store it to. 

Install win server and try multipoint then. It has some issues with games.

Also windows server keys for 20 aren't legit, the real keys start at around 500, but the trial is about 180 days.

Just now, Electronics Wizardy said:

Also windows server keys for 20 aren't legit, the real keys start at around 500, but the trial is about 180 days.

Also multipoint has issues with some games due to how it works and some games just won't start.

You can also put fedora on it and start messing with vt-d and kvm.

52 minutes ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

The keys are legit For it ive used it in the past for several computers with no problem. 

2 hours ago, Stormyskyes said:

The keys are legit For it ive used it in the past for several computers with no problem. 

but not legal. No way your getting a legat key for 20usd. There normally stolen vl keys.

8 hours ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

but not legal. No way your getting a legat key for 20usd. There normally stolen vl keys.

Ah what they are, is  manufacture copies that they dump off on 3rd party sellers for really cheap. Computer manufactures get the keys for dirt cheap, which is why a $150 laptop with windows 10 isnt a $300 laptop. Anytime a manufacture goes out of business they sell off everything including the keys they own. You'd be surprised how often those small laptop and desktop companies pop up only to die a month later.