Need help choosing a GPU for a budget build

So I'm doing a budget build soon and I was wondering what GPU I could get for $140. I was thinking of a GTX 1050Ti if I was able to snag one off craigslist, letgo, or ebay for that cheap but I was wondering if there are any better options like older generations of gpus. The rest of the build includes a Ryzen 3 1200, 8gb ddr4, 1tb HDD, and the ASRock Pro 4 (micro atx) motherboard. Help would be very much appreciated. Also in case anyone is wondering I'm rocking a GTX 750 1gb so I'm in dire need of an upgrade :)

You could try get an 2200G/2400G and after updating your BIOS sell the graphics card and your R3 1200 and if you have a bit of cash left over you could buy more RAM 

2200G - $99

R3 1200 MV - ¬$50

750 MV - $60

8GB crucial ballistix - $82

¬$92 cost

or a profit of 10 if you skip the RAM or more with a good sale

Just now, TheCheese said:

You could try get an 2200G/2400G and after updating your BIOS sell the graphics card and your R3 1200 and if you have a bit of cash left over you could buy more RAM 

2200G - $99

R3 1200 MV - ¬$50

750 MV - $60

8GB crucial ballistix - $82

¬$92 cost

or a profit of 10 if you skip the RAM or more with a good sale

1030 performance or

5 minutes ago, emerald_piggy said:

So I'm doing a budget build soon and I was wondering what GPU I could get for $140. I was thinking of a GTX 1050Ti if I was able to snag one off craigslist, letgo, or ebay for that cheap but I was wondering if there are any better options like older generations of gpus. The rest of the build includes a Ryzen 3 1200, 8gb ddr4, 1tb HDD, and the ASRock Pro 4 (micro atx) motherboard. Help would be very much appreciated. Also in case anyone is wondering I'm rocking a GTX 750 1gb so I'm in dire need of an upgrade :)

You could go with that idea 

I'm not going to do the 2200G/2400G idea because it is equivelent toa GT1030 and my GTX 750 is better than the 1030 anyways

gtx 970, 380, 390, 290, 280.

13 minutes ago, emerald_piggy said:

I'm not going to do the 2200G/2400G idea because it is equivelent toa GT1030 and my GTX 750 is better than the 1030 anyways

Slightly worse, afaik the 1030/Vega 8 are on par with a 750 ti.  Still not an impressive upgrade.

Try a 680, 770, 960 or any other older card better than them.  All are on par with a 1050 ti

Want to custom loop?  Ask me more if you are curious

15 minutes ago, emerald_piggy said:

I don't think you can get better performance for that money, but you might be able to find a 680 or a 770 for $100 and get similar performance for less.

The trouble with buying these cards used is:

1. They need a lot more power (more expensive power supply)

2. Most of them only have 2GB of VRAM, which is a problem in new games.

I'm trying to shoot for a 970 or 1060 3gb because there seems to be a lot of them near me for ~$160 and I think I could lowball them