Old School Linus

ThatGuy

I might be the only person who feels this way, but I thought I should still share my personal opinions. I started watching Linus a very very long time ago. The first video I actually watched from him was his unboxing of the Razer Mako speakers, just to give an idea of how long ago that was. I am so very very happy to see the LinusTechTips Channel maturing into what it is today, but at the same time I can't help feel a bit nostalgic for the way his videos used to look and be. I thought about what could possibly not be better about his videos from how they used to be, and after a long time I realized it was how staged the videos seem now. Obviously Linus did research into any product he unboxed, even back in the first LTT videos, but they always seemed to be a learning experience for both Linus and the viewer, like discovering something together. The only point I want to make is I want Linus to watch how "Professional" he's videos become, not in terms of aesthetics and quality (Better quality is always better) but in terms of how "tech showy" they look. Linus always had that unique way of teaching about a product without you realizing it, something no other tech show I feel ever had. I just don't want his show to become the same as all the other tech shows online, I want it to stay "Linusy"

well, I can see where you are coming from with this, but at the same time I find the newer videos more informative, the only possible solution would be to have an oldschool unboxing then a product review follow up video, but I just don't think Linus has the time for that.so I would say this is the best of both worlds.

For those who actually listen you do learn those small things you usually learn by doing it your self and busting a knuckle or two. There needs to be a Linus Tech Tips Pet Peeves like:

* USB3 Headers that point in the wrong direction or don't come with a 90 degree angle so they don't protrude.

* Micro USB, which I don't mind but see his point.

* Case makers not including one extra screw or mount screw as we all know we always lose one or maybe two.

* Case makers not including cable ties, "what's it going to cost, really" :) .

* Cheesy shipping boxes.

* Hard Styrofoam.

* Bogus marketing words on the box, not getting by Linus.

* CPU cut outs mistaken for 2.5" Drive mounts :p

I'm sure I'm missing some, they usually come to mind when doing a build.

I roll with sigs off so I have no idea what you're advertising.

This is NOT the signature you are looking for.