OS change for kindle

Go to solution Solved by Guest,

That would depend on the model and generation. (Some got the bootloaders unlocked, others didn't) Keep in mind that phoenix os is a desktop oriented version of Android, so if you wanted something that works better on a tablet, then I'd recommend LineageOS if it was built/compiled for the device (Same issue with phoenix os).

The best source for this is at https://www.xda-developers.com/ (You do need to know the model # as the boot unlock methods and roms are different for most of them)

I recently got an old amazon kindle and would really like to change it's OS so that it feels snappy and also so that I can use and download a wider variety of stuff(kinda like how it is on android where you can download virtually almost any app via google play or as an APK). I would like to know how to do it and also what OS to use.

(side-note:Would phoenix os work?).

That would depend on the model and generation. (Some got the bootloaders unlocked, others didn't) Keep in mind that phoenix os is a desktop oriented version of Android, so if you wanted something that works better on a tablet, then I'd recommend LineageOS if it was built/compiled for the device (Same issue with phoenix os).

The best source for this is at https://www.xda-developers.com/ (You do need to know the model # as the boot unlock methods and roms are different for most of them)

Just now, tjcater said:

That would depend on the model and generation. (Some got the bootloaders unlocked, others didn't) Keep in mind that phoenix os is a desktop oriented version of Android on a tablet, so if you want something that works better on a tablet, then I'd recommend LineageOS if a rom was built for the device (Same issue with phoenix os).

kindle paperwhieght gen 5 or 6

7 minutes ago, KAN1102 said:

kindle paperwhieght gen 5 or 6

Seems extremely unlikely considering Android 4.4+  (Didn't check older versions) have a ram requirement of 350MB (According to the CDD) while the Paperwhite has 256MB.

Just now, tjcater said:

Seems extremely unlikely considering Android 4.4+  (Didn't check older versions) have a ram requirement of 350MB (According to the CDD) while the Paperwhite has 256MB.

so tldr i am scwered

6 minutes ago, KAN1102 said:

so tldr i am scwered

In a more hopeful tone, the device meets the ram requirements for Android 2.3 though you would still have to deal with a whole lot of other factors.

Just now, tjcater said:

In a more hopeful tone, the device meets the ram requirements for Android 2.3 though you would still have to deal with a whole lot of other factors.

I am coming too realise there is a possibility that netflix's everything sucks! is some how based of my life and planing to put a copyright strike on...anyways thanks for the information

Contacting a lawyer and also thinking on what to do with a 2.3 android os...some one also suggested lineage os for the tablet...