CPU/GPU Pairing

I was wondering if anyone could recommend a suitable Intel CPU to pair with a GTX 1080. I am not planning on overclocking and I am currently planning on getting a i5 7600 but was not sure as to whether any major bottlenecking would occur. Ideally I would like to be playing games such as CS:GO and PUBG at a minimum of 80fps on a 1080p 60Hz monitor. I do understand that a GTX 1080 is overkill for 1080p 60Hz, but I am planning on getting a 1440p 144hz monitor in the near future. I also am aware that there have been previous forums related to this topic but I have not seemed to have found any helpful information.
If anyone is able to help it would be greatly appreciated.

Ok thank you for your help. After doing previous research I found that supposedly (for gaming) less cores/threads and a higher clock frequency is a better option than more cores/threads and a lower clock frequency. I am personally unsure as to what the best option is for gaming. What option would you say would best suit? 

I am also planning on streaming or running any other programs at the same time if that helps^

5 minutes ago, tbonw_9022 said:

Ok thank you for your help. After doing previous research I found that supposedly (for gaming) less cores/threads and a higher clock frequency is a better option than more cores/threads and a lower clock frequency. I am personally unsure as to what the best option is for gaming. What option would you say would best suit? 

That is sort of the case. However, the trend now seems to be that more cores than 4 is better as load is more spread out. You should go for 8 th gen or ryzen+

5 minutes ago, GoldenLag said:

That is sort of the case. However, the trend now seems to be that more cores than 4 is better as load is more spread out. You should go for 8 th gen or ryzen+

correct.....even though the 7600 has a higher initial frequency....turbo boost on 8400 will pretty much match it at 4C4T operation

Ok thanks again for the help. One last question, as I am personally unaware as I am fairly new to the PC world, and it may seem really stupid. But would a i5 8400 CL fit a non CL LGA 1151 socket motherboard? Or are there specific motherboards for CL? As I can see that 1151 CL socket motherboards are far more expensive.

2 minutes ago, tbonw_9022 said:

Ok thanks again for the help. One last question, as I am personally unaware as I am fairly new to the PC world, and it may seem really stupid. But would a i5 8400 CL fit a non CL LGA 1151 socket motherboard? Or are there specific motherboards for CL? As I can see that 1151 CL socket motherboards are far more expensive.

The 8th gen Intel CPU's require the 300 series chip set. Currently the 370Z are the only motherboards that are available and they are more expensive. The lower end/more affordable options should be coming out in the next couple months. I would recommend waiting until both they and the Ryzen 2000 series CPU's come out in the next 4-6 weeks before you pull the trigger if you can. 

24 minutes ago, COUPER MILLAR said:

The 8th gen Intel CPU's require the 300 series chip set. Currently the 370Z are the only motherboards that are available and they are more expensive. The lower end/more affordable options should be coming out in the next couple months. I would recommend waiting until both they and the Ryzen 2000 series CPU's come out in the next 4-6 weeks before you pull the trigger if you can. 

While waiting you can snoop around the used market for cool periphirals and other shenanigans. Like a fancy PSU. Or a boot SSD with windows on it, idk. The sky is the limit