Mac Recovery Errors(Disk Utility + Terminal)

Alright.This has been a bad week for me and my 2010 Imac.Almost nothing has been working without errors.

It all started when i wanted to install windows. I basically deleted MacOS accidentaly.

NOTE:All of the following has been done in mac recovery mode.

Thank god for mac recovery.But Its not working as smoothly as I would have hoped for. When I go to install high sierra on the internal disk it says"this disk is not journaled" so I journal it with disk utility.After that It says"macOS cannot be installed on this disk". And this is where I really got lost. I tried erasing or partitioning the disk it gives me an error saying"media kit reports not enough space for the requested operation" I saw a post online saying you could fix this with terminal.So I typed this command(sudo dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/disk2 bs=1024 count=1024) And terminal says"sudo:command not found" And errors lead to more leaving me in a stale mate at this point.errors popping upleft and right.I give up.any solution to any of the problems mentioned is appreciated.

On 04/03/2018 at 6:33 AM, Kingslasher3000 said:

So I typed this command(sudo dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/disk2 bs=1024 count=1024) And terminal says"sudo:command not found" And errors lead to more leaving me in a stale mate at this point.

If I recall, you are root in recovery mode so there’s no need to use sudo, as you already are the most privileged user on the system. 

For Disk Utility, you can try the terminal version of it, “diskutil”. I’ve had problems with the not enough space error, and trying to erase using diskutil had much more success. I also assume you’re using macOS Internet Recovery, because wiping the drive would remove the original recovery partition on the disk. 

That’s all I can suggest now, let me know how it goes and I’ll see where we can go from there 

Not actually the database software, just some furry. Vintage tech enthusiast, has more old tech than they know what to do with.

Main system: i5-4690k, 16GB DDR3, 2x120GB SSD, 2TB HDD, CD-ROM Drive (in 2017 lol), R9 270X 2GB, Windows 7

Laptop: MacBookPro9,1, i7-3615QM, 8GB DDR3, 256GB SSD, GT650M 512MB, macOS 10.13